Thread: question about open loop tune

question about closed loop tune and log attached

2014 chevy ss sedan E38 A6 BTR stage 2 cam rotofab 2x3 long tubes catless xpipe. Car has not seen closed loop in over 2 years. Tuned with wideband only. I have been driving since cam install for over 2 years and have had to change the lifters to gm performance lifters due to a failed lifter about 30000 ago. I caught it before any lobe damage happened. Also caught a trunion upgrade failure and was able to get most of the needle bearings out with a magnet and did a CHE bushing cconversion on the rockers successfully. I recently put the front O2s back on and ran it in closed loop to see what the fuel trims look like and to see if i could tune the maf sensor with the narrow bands and well i guess ill just have to post a log because shit is just not looking good. But here is my tune91 octa.hpt I will attach a log shortly after my family wakes up. Thank you in advance for any advice. heres a logwtf.hpl
    Last edited by biholliday; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:25 PM.

Senior Tuner
    This doesn't look that bad at all? What are your concerns?

Use closed loop for this setup. that cam should get along fine with O2 sensors.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

thank you for taking the time to look at my tune. I actually had my graphs set up wrong prior to the one i had posted. I know the tune could use a little work but over all the car runs pretty good. Its been our DD for a couple of years. I have had the heads off at one point to change the lifters and had them milled. Also i peeled three layers off of the seven layer head gasket and probably maxxed out my lifter preload. I believe this is cause of the noisy valvetrain. But other than that its a great car. Its a 14 SS sedan (holden)