Thread: tuning help

tuning help

engine is a 6.0 with a summit 8707 cam and springs,4l80 trans shorty headers with 3" exhaust to a x pipe to black widow exhaust. I sent truck to a tuner and it runs like crap. i recently got hp tuners and am starting to navigate around with it a little but am still very new to the tuning side of things. Could someone look at the current tune and kinda give me a idea on where to start. from what i can tell all he did was a vats delete and thats about it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Open your stock file, then modified file as a comparison. Then select the tab "compare", select view comparison log to see what was changed. I don't know the specs for the cam you mentioned but will assume it's gonna need VE tuning and timing. A log file of your problem area will be helpful.

I did that already and from what I can tell is he did a vats delete that?s all. Before it went to him it could idle and almost run good enough for me to log but now it won?t even stay at a idle

226/238 113+3, .600/.600 Lift, Specs on cam

That's a big camshaft for a stock stall converter and you need larger injectors before you really start tuning this.

For the time being you can increase the idle rpm to 750-800 when warm. Add like 10-15% to the whole base running airflow table.

Set the idle timing for park and in gear to like 18-20 degrees in the idle area's. Set the over/underspeed spark correction tables to -8 and + 8 degrees.

Those are just some simple basic things. But you still need larger injectors, you need a wideband oxygen sensor for tuning as well.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Ok I?ll do that and what size injectors would you say to run with that cam

31lb/hr or larger. You can use stock 8.1 injectors or stock flex fuel injectors from like a tahoe/suburban, those are 33lb/hr.

Some guys use the later flex fuel injectors which at 50-52lb/hr and a guy on here has all the data for them. I think his name is Blindsquirrel, it's in his signature for the data.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.