Thread: HELP 2014 5.3 silverado headers only

Potential Tuner

HELP 2014 5.3 silverado headers only

New to tuning/gen5 stuff just did headers only on a 2014 silverado, deleted all rear o2 sensors and its still running horrible and missing. heres the file with the rears deleted. Any info/advide or help is greatly appreciated!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastysilverado1 View Post
    New to tuning/gen5 stuff just did headers only on a 2014 silverado, deleted all rear o2 sensors and its still running horrible and missing. heres the file with the rears deleted. Any info/advide or help is greatly appreciated!

Log misfires in the vcm scanner for all 8 cylinders current and history. I've seen way to many people replace headers and not remove the spark plugs firts and then break the plugs and not know it. All you posted is the tune

Ryan

Tuning Addict
    You can't delete the rear O2's. Put them back then check your plugs as advised. Without the rear O2's you're guaranteed to run 10% lean
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    You can't delete the rear O2's. Put them back then check your plugs as advised. Without the rear O2's you're guaranteed to run 10% lean
    Will it make a difference if I no longer have cats? I?m getting a hard downshift from 2nd to first coming to a spot, as well as throwing dtc?s for lost connections with bcm,Tcm,ecu?rough idle?

Senior Tuner
    Post a log. Include some wide open throttle data in the log.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Will it make a difference if I no longer have cats? I?m getting a hard downshift from 2nd to first coming to a spot, as well as throwing dtc?s for lost connections with bcm,Tcm,ecu?rough idle?
    You need the rear O2s. What happens when you delete them without setting the background tables up accordingly is during decel it dumps fuel. It dumps fuel to "protect" the cats because it doesn't know what kind of state the cats are in. Doesn't matter if you have it set up correctly to not have cats. It's still going to go into oxygen storage protection modes. You should see it going pig rich during decel right after coming out of dfco. This is causing your bump. There are about 25 or so background settings that have to be changed just for removing the rear O2's. AND that's for offroad use or in a country where you can Even with the rear O2's it still might intermittently do the rich fuel dump. Best to have that stuff if you can't alter it....

Other things you can do is massage your DD, DFCO mph settings and trans settings. Those alone will heavily alleviate it, but also won't fix it 100%. You have to do it all to have the stock drivability like I believe you're after.
    Last edited by GHuggins; 1 Week Ago at 12:05 PM.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

So I changed the plugs today and low and behold their was a broken one in cylinder 5 it was wet as hell the rest had ash on them, it fixed the hard 2nd to first but I just went for a ride and I?m kinda stranded atm it acts like it?s running out of fuel then surges and breaks the tires lose I pull over for 10 mins and runs fine until I start going again for about a mile then does it again I?m going to fab the sensors into the long tubes tonight, worst part about it is I was using a friends computer to tune a little bit I couldn?t get mine to recognize the interface?

Advanced Tuner
    SOunds like your upstream o2 sensors are upset. Make sure your upstream o2s are reading correctly and not dumping fuel to one of the banks unnecessary
    2009.5 PBM G8 GXP M6 W/Roof-Self tune, OBX LTs, Kooks axleback, LSA blower, cam,
    Monster LT1-SC clutch, flex fuel, 12 psi [email protected] 1,800 D.A
    2007 TBSS-Self tune, bolt ons [email protected], 1,900 D.A
    1991 GMC Syclone- Self tune/catback 12.8@104, 4,200ft D.A