Thread: 2014 3.2l Ranger sid208 - Hardcut limiter (popcorn) help?

Potential Tuner

Question 2014 3.2l Ranger sid208 - Hardcut limiter (popcorn) help?

I've been trying to figure out how to add a hard cut limiter to a ranger tried adjusting the desired torque @ all throttle positions @ 4000rm normal then 4005rpm 0 torque but revved right past it.

Many places around me offer it so that is obviously a way.

I was looking at the torque limits and the tables seem to only be used under full load and not sure if that they would be under use when stationary.

I've attached my current tune & stock incase anyone needs a stock tune for a ranger or would like to have a play around as well as a picture of {Torque Management>General}.

2014_Ranger3.2L_Auto.hpt

2014_Ranger3.2L_Auto_Stock.hpt

image_2024-04-13_160910430.png

Any help is really appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by darcypastie View Post
    I've been trying to figure out how to add a hard cut limiter to a ranger tried adjusting the desired torque @ all throttle positions @ 4000rm normal then 4005rpm 0 torque but revved right past it.

Many places around me offer it so that is obviously a way.

I was looking at the torque limits and the tables seem to only be used under full load and not sure if that they would be under use when stationary.

I've attached my current tune & stock incase anyone needs a stock tune for a ranger or would like to have a play around as well as a picture of {Torque Management>General}.

2014_Ranger3.2L_Auto.hpt

2014_Ranger3.2L_Auto_Stock.hpt

image_2024-04-13_160910430.png

Any help is really appreciated.
    It might have to be done in binary? HPtuners might not have the table defined.

BUT. Hard cuts normally cut the fuel injector at the specified RPM and then there is a resume function.

The cut and resume would have to be pretty close to each other to get it to bounce(if that?s what your trying to do)

Potential Tuner
    Yeah thanks for the reply, might have to look into other software

This is where user defined parameters will help IF the tables are there in your OS.

I have seen in the past ford and Chevy will add parameters to new OS?s and even take them away because they aren?t needed