Thread: 2021 dodge cummins

Tuner in Training

2021 dodge cummins

Hi i am in a pickle i went to flash a file onto a 2021 ram 3500 it went throught the flash said write completed but now it wont start and no ecm communicaition. anything that i can do or have someone do for me ? or is ecm bricked?

Likely locked in rom boot, will need to send the ecm to a shop to reflash it on a bench flash kit to get it out of rom boot and ensure a good standing calibration is written to the ecm.

Bench flashing is the safest way to use HP Tuners on the 2010+ Ram Cummins. On vehicle flashing many issues, especially if trying to read an ecm that has been tuned by something else like EFILive SOTF tuning or trashy H&S or something. I know it’s not liked by HP Tuners but it’s just an unfortunate reality when it comes to their stuff and the 2010+ Cummins, I see it happen far far far too often.

Tuner in Training
    Your ECM is bricked and will need to be replaced. It cannot be recovered even with dealer software.

Quote Originally Posted by slimmons2009 View Post
    Your ECM is bricked and will need to be replaced. It cannot be recovered even with dealer software.
    Not accurate at all unless you physically handled the ecm on an attempted bench flash recovery and know for a fact that the ecm is corrupted beyond recovery.

Tuner in Training
    im gonna send ecm off to get a bench flash

Tuner in Training
    I am not a gambling person but would take a bet on this being bricked and not recoverable. I have seen this happen way too many times with the 2019-21 Dodge CM2450B ECM's with HPTuners. There was a time when HPTuners was telling dealers not to sell tuning for these until the issue was resolved.

Cool sounds like a gamble to me, might as well tell people to just light a couple thousand dollars on fire just on a gambling hunch.

99/100 times the ecm gets stuck in rom boot so of course obd2 flashing with dealer software, HP Tuners, EFILive won’t work to recover, leaving people thinking an ecm is completely and entirely bricked and unrecoverable. Never ever have I had a problem recovering through an ecm through J1939. That 1/100 times something with the HP Tuners process had corrupted the bootloader, then at that point the ecm was done for without a way to fix the bootloader. HP Tuners isn’t the only platform to have issues with writing to the 2019+ ECM’s. EFILive also had similar issues and it was caused by the CAN network not being completely shut down and prevented from starting up during the write procedure, the CAN network would wake up and disrupt the process and could still be recovered just fine. There is a procedure somewhere, can’t remember where I seen it, on fuses to pull to prevent it from happening. Ultimate reality with HP Tuners is their process just doesn’t mix well with some vehicles. It’s really bad with the 2010+ Cummins vehicles.

The thread is on EFILive. Try pulling fuse 49 and 51, then reflash.
    https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...F)-controllers
    2019 CCSB Bighorn - Excited HP Tuners finally supported Cummins CM2350&2450 platforms