Thread: changed injector

Tuner in Training

changed injector

went from injector #25317628 to a #12613412 due to lean conditions while at wide throttle. it's a 6.0 with stage 3 TS cam with a truck intake with 92mm throttle body. Truck runs better but still showing lean in the log.Steves new tune with 50# injectors.hpt50 # injector tune.hpl

It needs to be tuned. Is there a question?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by soukie View Post
    went from injector #25317628 to a #12613412 due to lean conditions while at wide throttle. it's a 6.0 with stage 3 TS cam with a truck intake with 92mm throttle body. Truck runs better but still showing lean in the log.Steves new tune with 50# injectors.hpt50 # injector tune.hpl
    Make sure you not only input the correct injector data but change the correct parameters for the larger throttle body as well. If you dont tell the PCM youve made the mechanical changes, then how would it know?
    "I don't care how it runs as long as it chop chops at idle"

You need to change more than just the flow rate data. The min injector pulse, short pulse adder and the offset data still needs changed.

This isn't a small block chevy either, no need to command 26+ degrees of timing at idle. Also you can't tune the fueling until you fix the IAT sensor, you can't tune this when it thinks you live on the north pole.

Needs more base running airflow, return to stock and add like 15%. Lower the idle timing to around 20 degrees. Then lower the over/underspeed spark correction tables to +8 degrees and -8 degrees.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I wonder if anyone has come up with a sheet of some kind, that has all the common GM injector data in it already converted into GenIII format?

2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Would any of you guys be willing to help me with getting this straight. I am more than willing to pay. I'm also having a issue with the trans going into limp mode and wanting to start in 2nd gear for no apparent reason. I can sometimes re-download the tune and it will work perfect until i change the tune again. I'm going to try and find out why the AIS is reading -38. I'm new to this type tuning as I have always tuned old school type drag cars. I bought HPT back in 18 and not used it much at all. not trying to do this for the public just my personal stuff.

Senior Tuner
    Here's your tune with the data. Fuel>General and Fuel>Transient.

P1810 - TFP (transmission fluid pressure) valve position switch circuit.
    Attached Files Attached Files

What I was being snarky about is, there's a link in the signature of all my posts, which you will have seen if you are looking at just about any thread with the text string "12613412" in it anywhere. Click that link. Open the spreadsheet. It has all the common 'good' Gen4 injectors in it, already converted into Gen3 format, and also in both returnless and return-style formats. Find your injector part number in the tabs, find the type of data you need for your fuel system/regulator type, copy the data and paste it into your tune file. The field labels are the same wording as used in the tune file, and also includes the 'ECM [xyz]' IDs for those tables.

You were asking for something you should've already found, if you'd been truly looking for it.

Tuner in Training
    Take it easy on me, Im new to this... I actually found you data last night after I made the post. Appreciate it... I was just getting ahead of myself. This new stuff is trying to get the best of me.

Thanks,
    Steve

Tuner in Training
    Sirius,
    Man I appreciate it, I loaded your file and it runs good, I have the truck on lift pulling the pan to replace pressure valve switch as the temp sensor is not working either.
    I also figured out that the maf temp sensor was not working due to someone had wired in another sensor for a turbo. This truck once had a turbo motor in it. I wired the maf sensor back in and it now works in log. as with everything with this truck the pan drain plug is screwed..(LOL) I drilled the pan to drain and will fix the bolt once I have the pan off.
    Please let me know how I can pay you for you help?

Senior Tuner
    The help is free. Just a thanks to blindsquirrel, who converted that data I used, and to me is all it takes. Hit that star icon to the bottom left of our names for some +rep.

Tuner in Training
    up-date on shift problem. pulled pan to find that the manifold pressure switch was not plugged in at all...Not sure if when it was built maybe not plugged in good. Pan is clean and the fluid looked new. I'm at a loss as to why it would shift properly and other time go in to limp mode and start in second gear. The wiring harness appears to have been replaced as all clips and wiring looked new. Anyway new parts ordered and will also be installing a new corvette servo. the one I pulled is stock. Thanks for the help Sirius and Bling Squirrel!