Thread: Boost Control Tables

Potential Tuner

Boost Control Tables

I am currently tuning a 2020 Sti with an intake and exhaust. This is not my first Subaru I have tuned or first vehicle I have tuned with Hp Tuners, however this is my first Subaru on Hp Tuners. Overall, it is not bad but does have some drawbacks mainly being the long time to flash roms. One thing I am still trying to figure out is HPs method of boost control. The stock target boost map shows it wants almost 30psi. Obviously, this can't be boost pressure, and for it to be manifold pressure does not make since either bc the car makes 17-18 psi in stock form. Unless the stock boost targets are that far off. Also, when it comes to wastegate duty cycle, we have Feedforward WDC and Wastegate Max DC. Feedforward is only defined as the base duty cycle and Max is only defined as the duty cycle max. Which parameter does what and does anyone have more in-depth explanation of what each does? Last, how the heck do I log boost? I do not see any parameter in VCM and all the manifold pressure parameters do not line up correctly. There is very little support for Hp Tuners in the Subaru world but hoping someone has an answer for me.

Potential Tuner
    Think I may of figured it out.. I’m assuming Feedforward Wdc is Ecu flash equivalent to “Initial WDC”. As far as logging.. I may just try to find definitions for romraider and use that to log.. but then I might as well tune it using Open Source…����

Have you had any luck with ecuflash? I cannot get my open loop fueling to change on my 20 sti. I think the definition is wrong or something. I was considering jumping to hp tuners. Evans Tuning has a training series tuning with hp tuners on the VA sti. I am watching the training to help understand some of the differences between hp and cobb. I tuned my car previously on cobb but my high flow cat even at 400 cells still throws codes with cobb

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by hairpinperformance View Post
    Have you had any luck with ecuflash? I cannot get my open loop fueling to change on my 20 sti. I think the definition is wrong or something. I was considering jumping to hp tuners. Evans Tuning has a training series tuning with hp tuners on the VA sti. I am watching the training to help understand some of the differences between hp and cobb. I tuned my car previously on cobb but my high flow cat even at 400 cells still throws codes with cobb
    Look into DimeMOD. It does everything Cobb could do and then some.

Potential Tuner
    I have used ecu flash with my 05 wrx successfully. The new stuff definitions are hard to find so I have not had luck with it