Thread: Help with Commanded EQ and Torque Source

Tuner

Help with Commanded EQ and Torque Source

Need some help trying to understand what is going on.

The vehicle is a 2012 Challenger, M6 trans with a Whippled 426 running on E85 at 20 lbs of boost. I have a voltage clamp on the vehicle so the Max Pressure Ratio will record at 1.80 instead of ~2.3. I have to do this to keep the ECU from going into Limp Mode becuase it is seeing more than 2 BAR on the MAP.

If you look at the screen shot, the Torque Source indicates "VSS Limit", yet the vehicle is only doing 79-ish mph, far less than what any speed related limits are set at (128mph)

Also, when the Torque Source indicates "VSS Limit", the Commanded EQ is 1.0 instead of the .85 value set in the Power Enrichment tables.

When the Torque Source indicates "Pedal" sometimes the Commanded EQ follows the Power Enrichment tables and some times it doesn't and just sits at 1.0

I need help figuring out what is going on becuase the excessive lean condition at RPM (EQ Ratio 1.) has caused serious damage to my engine. The porcelan on the spark plugs in all the cylinders was cracked or burnt away, the ground straps on several spark plugs were burned away, crank case pressure forces the dipstick out of the tube and one of the cylinders has a significant amount of oil in it.

I can't continue to use this ECU after I have my short block rebuilt without knowing what is causing this and how to fix/remedy it.

Any help is appreciated.

2.3.2024 E85 Tune - run 3.hpt

24-03-08 12-58-58.hpl

Data Log Screen Shot.jpg
    Last edited by rich s; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:41 AM. Reason: corrected speed

post your stock file as well, lots of wrong in that tune file, 215F IATs will not help keep a motor alive either...

www.n2speed.com
    http://www.amp4x4.com
    [email protected]

Dodge And GM Tuning Suppport
    Diablosport CMR | HP Tuners

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by N2speed View Post
    post your stock file as well, lots of wrong in that tune file, 215F IATs will not help keep a motor alive either...
    see file below
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by rich s; 1 Week Ago at 10:07 PM.