Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wants to pull in gear

Tuner in Training
    "THE SURGE"... I started thinking this might be a vac leak... I don't think that is the case as I have tested a few times/ways and nothing so far. Also the throttle responce at idle is good and she idles down as expected. It's a new fast intake with felpro gaskets, all the vac ports are plugged except for the PVC and the MAP. The MAP mounting is suspect (fast problem not me!) but it's a new MAP/gasket and there does not appear to be a problem in that area or anywhere else. I also have a 4 to 3 bolt TB conversion plate but that area is tight and does not appear to be leaking as well.

While I was checking for Vac leaks I also went over the fuel pressure, injectors, coils, and O2's all seems fine.

Maybe I should just keep driving this thing and getting the VE closer than where it's currently at? So far the VE is within 5% under 3200 and I had thought that might be close enough to stop the surging but again I have shown I don't know as much as I'd like to.

The TUNE and LOG are in the thread above.

OH one more question.. LTFT, how long do these take to populate AND if the VE/STFT are operating within +/- 5% will they ever get populated? Asking cause so far I haven't seen the LTFT's kick in.
    Last edited by epfatboy; 23 Hours Ago at 09:02 AM.