Thread: Swapped 5.3 transmission torque reduction

Advanced Tuner

Swapped 5.3 transmission torque reduction

Hello guys,
    this is a 1952 GMC truck with a 5.3/4l80 swap, for some reason the 4l80 is being controlled by a tci controller and not the E40 ecu, but when i get on the throttle im getting a trans torque reduction, im kinda lost on this one since there is nothing in the transmission tab.

what should i do with this, segment swap the 4l80 control and fix it?

pwr red 2.hpl
    tne 3.hpt

E40 should be used with either a manual trans ECM OS and the standalone controller, or, an auto trans ECM OS and what the factory used to control the trans, a T42. You can't make an auto trans ECM work like a manual trans ECM by just deleting the original TCM.

Segment swap will not work with this E40.
    It looks like you have fuel cut while you have the pedal at 83% throttle and only 1600rpm? Is that correct
    Seems like I heard somewhere if you have a manual OS E40, and no clutch pedal, you need to have the clutch switch in the harness and in the position that shows clutch released. Don't know if that would make a difference.
    I changed my 2005GTO from a manual to auto 4L80--- had to get an "auto" engine/trans harness with a T42, send off my pcm and get it changed to an auto OS. The t42 was from another GTO that was using a 4L60/65. All I had to do was change the gear ratios, and get a conversion harness from PCMofNC. There are two solenoids in the 80 that fire backward from the 60/65 trans. Instead of the conversion harness, you can change a few pins in the trans plug and do the same thing. There are examples on the internet. I just did that on my Camaro also.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8