Thread: Throttle pedal dead again

Tuner in Training

Throttle pedal dead again

i have a l83 from 2016 in a c20.. The throttle usually works fine, but occasionally it has 0 response and i have to idle over to the side of the road..
    this happened a couple years ago and has been ok since, but now its happening again.. Seems to be when the truck gets wet.. I was thinking its a throttle system ground? is there a system or method to check the ground at the throttle body or pedal to see how well its grounded? its an intermittent prob so i am a bit stumped.. any ideas?

Does it throw a CEL when this happens? If so, the specific code should be a big clue. I ran into a similar issue once with an aftermarket CAI that ingested water and got the MAF wet during heavy rain.

Tuner in Training
    it does have an aftermarket k and n intake on it.. what did you do?

In my case, the problem was solved with a water repellent pre-filter wrap, e.g. AEM DryFlow or K&N DryCharger. This would probably only be relevant to you if your filter is behind your grill so that oncoming rain can hit it directly, or otherwise in a location where water can splash or drip onto it.

https://www.knfilters.com/search/wrap
    https://www.aemintakes.com/pre-filter-wraps

Tuner in Training
    yup... a K&N right in the front prob getting wet.. Its not covered.. Did your car have no throttle too? i am going to read the code, but the maf sensor sounds like it could be the issue..

My engine would stumble and fall flat at mid RPM, but I was able to limp home at low RPM. This was with a Mazda, fwiw.