Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 97 Suburban k2500 454 0411 swap

Tuner in Training
    ok, I have taken the test and have my Tuner unlocked, If you dont mind, which ones do I need to make sure are on to allow the system to see what I have. This is a stock 97 suburban.

1997 Suburban AIR.png 1997 Suburban EGR.png

2002 Express.png

These look... similar. But different enough to maybe make a difference. The EGR valves look identical but are different part numbers, I don't know what is different between them. The '07 EGR had fused power, the '02 gets power from the PCM, but I don't know if that is just a simple switched +12v supply or if it is a push-pull, reverse polarity thing. You could find out by measuring voltage on EGR pin 'E' - though I also wouldn't know if that would be hot whenever key is on, or only on at certain other times. The AIR system, the Suburban has a clutch? Or something? I don't know man, it's not my truck, telling you exactly what goes where and what settings will make these systems work together step-by-step is beyond me. I or anybody who could do that would have to have the truck in front of them to investigate things. Right now, that person is you, not me.

Tuner in Training

Retune & Log

Well I made a few changes to more reflect the 2002 van file to start with. I believe that I now have the correct O2 setting and have disabled the air pump. Seems to run a little bit better with this tune. Does seem to crank a little harder. Anymore ideas of what I can change before I get the different injectors?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    I just now seen your last post, and I completely understand. I am making a few more minor changes and then next time I have a Firday off I am going to take it to the machine shop near me. They say they have a tuner at the shop that would be more then happy to help me out.