Thread: MAF Tuning After Mass Air Meter Swap

MAF Tuning After Mass Air Meter Swap

I've been searching for a "sticky" or something that covers the basic process of what to update after swapping in a different mass air meter tube.

2022 Mustang Gen 3 5.0 with 10R80 automatic in a 1957 Ford Fairlane. FRPP control pack M-6017-M50BAA. Everything is stock except for straight type log exhaust manifolds and the mass air meter tube intake system.

The drive train runs excellent with the "rigged up" FRPP mass air meter tube (just the top portion of the big FRPP air filter box) connected to a 3 1/2" diameter tube and a tight 3 1/2 inch elbow to the throttle body. But with the new air tube setup which has the stock air meter installed in it it is nearly un-driveable.

The FRPP intake system does not even come close to fitting in the area available...

The new tube is measuring 3 5/16 ID so I am guessing this is the cause of the problem.

Is there a typical tuning process to update the tune for this new air meter tube?

Thank you for any assistance!

Mike

Advanced Tuner
    If you?re sure of your injector data it?s pretty straight forward. You just have to modify the maf transfer function and your goal is for the average fuel trim to be close to 0. You can make some math functions and tables if you want. I made a math function that was (STFT1 + ltft1 + stft2 + ltft2)/2 which is the total overall fuel trim. If the trims are high, then you want to increase the transfer function airflow by the appropriate percentage at that maf period.