Thread: E38 MAP sensor reading car off

Tuner in Training

E38 MAP sensor reading car off

2013 Camaro ss ls9 map sensor - when opening car door or key on or off the map sensor is reading causing my aux pump to prime to 84psi in fuel rails. Checked wiring , grounds etc. at a loss here, if map sensor is unplugged it does not do it , reads -.03 with plugged in - car off and -26.4 with map unplugged.

If you posted your tune we could see if there are any issues. Your MAP settings should be as follows for an LS9 sensor.

linear 312.50
    offset -11.25

Tuner in Training
    Yeah the settings are set to spec for ls9. Pat g tuned it out of Texas. It performs as should just trying to figure out why it?s running voltage when ecm wakes up

The fuel pump turning on when the door opens is normal but to have the map sensor read high enough to kick on your aux pump is strange for sure. Has it done this since you installed it? Assuming a DSX aux pump?

Tuner in Training
    Honestly I can’t remember if it did it with the whipple on. Dsx yes . They sent me new harnsss and controller - did same thing. I don’t think it did it every single time, I swapped map sensors from red label to the blue label both I believe are same . Added in line fuel filter for ethanol and that was it . It’s like it’s getting signal from ecm when it wakes up from door open, lock or unlock on key fob etc

Yes the red label sensor was discontinued and replaced with the blue one. I'm just taking a shot in the dark here but your tune is in MAF only and your VVE table looks like it's been somewhat calibrated but disabled? Hard to tell without a log but maybe if your VVE table was enabled again it would fix it?

Either way, I guess as long as it doesn't cause hard starting with the increase in fuel pressure it won't be a huge deal.
    Last edited by rabbs88; 1 Week Ago at 10:44 PM.

Tuner in Training
    You think that would make a difference ? Here is last log I took. Haven’t taken out since getting rid of lean spots. Let me know I’m always trying to learn more

Tuner in Training
    I can email to you , it will not let me upload the log

I have my doubts but it's not going to hurt to try. Did you put it into MAF only or was that from Pat G?

Next to the reply box click Go Advanced -> Manage Attachments -> Add Files

Senior Tuner
    How is this kit triggered for the secondary fuel pump?

Hobbs switch? I heard there is a new CAN controller.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Log looks like the MAP if functioning as it should. I thought the DSX kits were PnP controlled? That would be cool if it's a CAN controller now

Tuner in Training
    It’s piggy backed off map. No hobbs . Map reads on my banks gauge with car off