Thread: Stroker blues stalling cam

Potential Tuner

Stroker blues stalling cam

all looking for help novice here but learning -- 6.4 based 426 hemi big cam, 6.1 intake, 12 to 1 compression, ported thitek heads Apache based, 4000 FTI stall, Kooks long tube green cats.

tuner can only get 453 HP says cam is horrible (OK maybe so) anyway it seems to run very good and strong to me am I happy not really only have 700 miles on fresh hemi tic failed rebuild. but my issue is this tuner can't get it to stop stalling when coming to idle while driving. this does not happen all the time but 75% of the time. I also won't pass E check due to PO300 code as well as P2098. which I'm assuming has to due with low vacuum and idle stalling big cam.
    tuner wants to drill holes in throttle blade to see if it corrects his, ultimately my issue. Very nervous --Attached is last tune and engine data any help will be much appreciated.'

Thank you for looking dynotuned v1.2.hptcam.PNG

Senior Tuner
    i have had to drill holes in throttle blades to keep the blade closed enough that it was still in the "slot"

FI does not have slots

i have also had to braze up holes drilled by people that didnt know what they were doing

dont be nervous. dont worry. worry is interest paid on a debt you may not even have

check yer messages

Tuner in Training
    got a data log by any chance?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 426H300SRT View Post
    all looking for help novice here but learning -- 6.4 based 426 hemi big cam, 6.1 intake, 12 to 1 compression, ported thitek heads Apache based, 4000 FTI stall, Kooks long tube green cats.

tuner can only get 453 HP says cam is horrible (OK maybe so) anyway it seems to run very good and strong to me am I happy not really only have 700 miles on fresh hemi tic failed rebuild. but my issue is this tuner can't get it to stop stalling when coming to idle while driving. this does not happen all the time but 75% of the time. I also won't pass E check due to PO300 code as well as P2098. which I'm assuming has to due with low vacuum and idle stalling big cam.
    tuner wants to drill holes in throttle blade to see if it corrects his, ultimately my issue. Very nervous --Attached is last tune and engine data any help will be much appreciated.'

Thank you for looking dynotuned v1.2.hptcam.PNG
    Definitely tune has room for improvement...
    Do you have a log to share?

here try this out , flash both pcm and tcm and do a throttlebody relearn and clear the engine and trans codes as well. it should idle better and drive better , also it wont die on you ether.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner

Cool Log

Quote Originally Posted by dodgeboy_8hp View Post
    definitely tune has room for improvement...
    Do you have a log to share?
    Long Log.hpl

thank you for looking

Potential Tuner

log

Quote Originally Posted by MI_Tuning View Post
    here try this out , flash both pcm and tcm and do a throttlebody relearn and clear the engine and trans codes as well. it should idle better and drive better , also it wont die on you ether.
    thank you for your help damn thing runs strong a little slip in the new converter FTI 4000 i might need to yank that back out and have them tighten it up

Thanks Skip

Senior Tuner
    a little slip in the converter lol

yer funny

post a log of it slicked down on a prepped surface

*apply release tables need work for the street

post the track log

that converter is gonna require 2 separate tunes
    Last edited by LilSick; 23 Hours Ago at 02:04 PM.