Thread: I need an Excel expert.

Senior Tuner

Lightbulb I need an Excel expert.

Here is what I am looking to do, I have tried working with excel, but I lack some mad excel skillz to accomplish this. I am working on a spreadsheet that helps to tune your automatic shift points, but it involves quite a lot of data and being able to sift through it to properly setup the tables (Part Throttle (MPH), WOT (MPH & RPM), TCC Lock Up/Release (MPH)). I have done it successfully without excel, but I am looking to automate it and make it a simple import external data, excel calculates, then you copy and paste. Now what I need, without disclosing how it works (proprietary information ).

First:
    With imported external data, how does one average certain values based on a second set of values. Say I have a lot of data on RPM ranging from 500 rpms to 6000 rpms, but I only want the average of the RPM column with 0% TPS values?

Second:
    Using the same data, how do I go about getting the max value (of say RPM) with the TPS% value being 100% (or max value).

Third:
    How do I create a pull down menu, or check box setting, to select different figures (trans ratios) that can be used in this spreadsheet?

That should get me started for now, but I will inquire agaion should I get stuck again. Thanks!

Tuner
    what version of excel are you running. 2007 added quite a bit of new functions that i think could accomplish this easily.
    The '07 Aura XR
    [In] XM ExpressEZ
    [Next] intake res delete, Tint, Eibachs

The Procharged Ion - SMP Stage 2 QC
    20/5 tint, SPS stb, CF dash, reflective bumper insert, 62mm TB, RL plugs, masked corners, progress rsb, RL fsb, 2.5" cat-back, triple pod w/ Boost, FPG, LC-1 & XD-16, filled front & rear mounts, pclear shorty shift, Procharged, Eibach Pros, 8k HIDs - 188.28whp / 175.03wtq, NO TUNE

Senior Tuner
    1. post a file that'd be good test data
    2. clearly describe inputs and outputs
    3. state what problem we're solving, and what problems you've come across/foresee
    or better yet just hand draw what you'd imagine it to look like, snap a pic, post it.

i think i know what you're trying to get at, but i'd rather make sure

Senior Tuner
    I'll see about getting 2007.

Marcin, I will email you my concept later tonight.