Thread: Please Help Ive had enough!!

Please Help Ive had enough!!

I loaded my HP tuners software to my wife's laptop.Registered it keyed in the key#.Went to my car,the entire file was read correctly in 2:03 then I get this

Executable VCM editor\vcm scanner\vcm suit help had the following unrecoverable error.Could'nt find library MSVCR80.dll(required by Crogram files\MSN Messenger/fsshext.80.0812.00.dll)Please ensure it is installed

Sounds like something didn't install correctly.

Quick resolution would be to uninstall (Control Panel --> Add Remove Programs) HP Tuners and retry the install. If you downloaded the latest version from the HPT website, make sure you got a --*full*-- download.

2.1.16 is 20.8 MB (21,848,576 bytes). The latest .17 beta is 18.3 MB (19,248,640 bytes). You can check the file size by right clicking and select the files Properties.
    Always Support Our Troops!

I already removed it and reinstalled it.I went to the instuctions u provided I have 13.33 MB.I think its just the regular one 2.1.0.I havent downloaded the latest version yet,but I cant even get this to work.It was working fine all this time ever since I purchased it.I have lost nearly 10 cars worth of tuning cause of this.
    Last edited by marine02ss; 03-29-2007 at 08:29 AM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by marine02ss
    It was working fine all this time ever since I purchased it.
    try to restore it to a point before you started having issues...obviously something was installed recently that is making it have issues.

BTW 2.1.0 was the initial public release in March 2006...there have been an additional 8 public releases since that time.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I also tried to restore it way back it doesnt want to give.Illtry agian but I forgot how to get into the restore page.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    start-control panel-performance & maintenance
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I already tried it doesnt work,I restored it to Dec 31 of 2006.Reinstalled whole procedure still doing the same opens ,reads the pcm then bam,Arghhh

So anybody have any idea whats wrong?

Try downloading and installing .Net again HERE at MSoft
    And the .Net Service Pack 1.1 HERE at MSoft
    Last edited by EC_Tune; 03-31-2007 at 05:45 AM.

Okay, Thanks guys I got it working,it worked when I downloaded the latest version,why I dont know,but it works now.Another problem were trying to tune a 2003 Chevy truck.I have 2 credits available,when I try to rear the vcm to license the truck it says "Cannot license veh that vcm editor has no access to"Im thinking its locked cause my customer told me he had it tuned once before.I guess Ill just reflash it back to stock wth the Tech 2

IF it's locked the Tech2 *may* not be able to flash it back to stock.

Yes it will, done it before

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by marine02ss
    Yes it will, done it before
    No it will not. If the security codes have been changed, nothing but the software that did it can unlock it.

Ken