Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What to look for in a scan?

Potential Tuner
    So in addition to the sensor in this listing a controller is required thats what I thought

Timonator- KR can just mysteriously appear on occasion. Sometimes combustion is not pretty.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Oh,I was just going to get a sensor.

So if I get the innovative lc1 can I get it with just the lambda cable of do I need to also get their interface as well?

LC1 by itself (with logworks software to program it) should be fine.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Ok I've got the wideband installed.The only problem is I can only see the wideband reading when I have the car hooked up to the scanner on the computer in the house.If I try and record a scan on the MPVI and try to play it back on the scanner on the same computer in the house The wideband doesn't show up on the table or in the histogram.I'm posting a scan I recorded with the MPVI let me know if you can see the wideband with your computer.Thanks

Make sure you add the wideband properly to the config (adding the Wideband O2 - LC1 in the EIO Input) and then write the config to the MPVI.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybnext
    Make sure you add the wideband properly to the config (adding the Wideband O2 - LC1 in the EIO Input) and then write the config to the MPVI.
    How do I write it to the MPVI?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Follow the instructions in the help file http://www.hptuners.com/help/demos/s...onelogging.swf they are very detailed and simple to follow along with.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Thank you very much!Awesome vid.

Ok,here's a scan I took now that I believe everything is working properly.Whatcha' think?

Quote Originally Posted by Timonator
    Ok,here's a scan I took now that I believe everything is working properly.Whatcha' think?
    Looks like you got everything hooked up right. Now's where the fun starts.

I would set the cell count on the % error histogram to ~20-25 hits. This will give you much better accuracy, because well over half of your log has less than 10 hits per cell. Just log speeds up to around 4000 rpm for VE and use a steady foot, you don't want any quick throttle changes (SMOOOOTH). About 4-5 runs like that and the VE will be done. If you are going to use the MAF, do the same thing for it next, along with WOT.

After you get the VE in line, be careful when you go WOT. You are probably ready for injectors. At one point you are at 123 % Injector Duty Cycle and the AFR is lean (13.5). I had a really bad tune in mine from a local tuner and was at 113% IDC. After I tuned it myself, correctly, I am at around 85%. Ideally, you should be at 80% IDC at WOT at max RPM.

I don't know if you are using this or not, but here is a tutorial I wrote up to make things a little easier and it helps you get acquainted with the software.

For VE Tuning with a wideband,

You need to:

- set the Engine/Fuel Control/OL & CL/Closed Loop Closed Loop Enable/ECT vs IAT to 284* across the board. This will put you in open loop along with setting the MAF fail freq to 0.

- on the same page as above, you want to disable LTFT

- also on this same page, in Open Loop/EQ Ratio, set all to 1.00 or I just change the ones from 140* and up to 1.00 (this will command 14.63 or stoich)
    This step can be done several ways too. You can leave it as is if you want or change it to 1.13 which will command 13.0 AFR, it doesn't really matter what you are commanding, because the % error will still be the same. After going back to Closed Loop you won’t use this table anymore.

- in Engine/Fuel Control/Fuel Cutoff set DFCO enable temp to 284*

- in Engine/Fuel Control/COT, Lean Cruise set COT to disable

- in Eng. Diag/Airflow set MAF fail freq to 0 (you should also unplug the MAF if you can. If you are driving a 2001 and newer C-5 , the IAT is wired into the same plug, so you can’t unplug the MAF without doing some rewiring. They are seperate in the earlier C-5s)

- Now go log. Make sure you log VE for Actual AFR, Commanded AFR, and AFR Percent Error. I log first and then change the cell hits required to 25 for the % Error histogram.

- Right click/Copy the entire % Error histogram.

- Open Editor, highlight, right-click and use the “paste special/multiply by %” to the Engine/Airflow/General Airflow/Main VE/Primary table. As you get closer to 0, start using “paste special/multiply by –half”.

- Then, if you have a 1997-2000 C-5, copy the even numbered MAP lines to the secondary VE table by using the copy/paste method. Save and "write calibration only" to the PCM. Drive and see where you are.

Wash, Rinse, Repeat until your VE tables are in line. Your AFR % Error histograms should be as close to 0 as possible. It should only take 3-5 runs.

After this, it is time to tune MAF/WOT. Reset the MAF fail back to 14000 (leave everything else as is for now) and modify the MAF Calibration/Airflow vs. Frequency tables the same way you did for the VE tables, except you will use MAF vs Output Freq (Hz) histograms instead of the VE histograms. The MAF Calibration table is just above the VE table(s) on the same page in Editor.

After tuning MAF/WOT, set all of the above tables back normal and you’re done. Time to move on to spark, transmission settings or whatever you decide to do next. Have fun.
    Last edited by 2000C-5; 04-18-2007 at 02:51 PM.
    2005 C-6

Specs:

- '05 Z51 'vette 'vert
    - Z06 ass end
    - MN6
    - forged, stroked to a 404
    - Procharger D1SC @ ~16 psi
    - 235/242 614/624 115 lsa
    - 83# Seimens injectors (with proper Banish info)
    - 2.5 bar OS w/2.5 bar MAP
    - twin walbros
    - Kooks, 3", Corsa
    - Meth

2000C-5 could you explain to me how to do this:I would set the cell count on the % error histogram to ~20-25 hits.
    I have your tutorial printed out.
    I also purchased some ford motorsport 39# injectors.But now I'm wondering if they will work.
    Thanks

2000C-5 could you explain to me how to do this:I would set the cell count on the % error histogram to ~20-25 hits.
    I have your tutorial printed out.
    I also purchased some ford motorsport 39# injectors.But now I'm wondering if they will work.
    Thanks
    On your Histogram Display, click on the icon next to the number 8 to open the Histogram Configuration. Near the middle of the page is the Cell Hits Required. You can change it before or after you log. I usually log first, because you can see all the cells being hit. If you set it before you log, you won't see anything in the cells until you get over the number of cell hits that you put in.

Your injectors should be fine. Do a search and you will find the information you need to set up your Injector Flow Rate tables when you install the new injectors. You will have to re-do your VE, MAF and WOT, so consider this practice for now.

On the histogram config.Is that something that I need to write to the MPVI?

On the histogram config.Is that something that I need to write to the MPVI?
    Nope, just put a number in the box and hit the save button on the top left.

Also, there is some good injector reading here: http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ght=motorsport

Last edited by 2000C-5; 04-18-2007 at 08:57 PM.

thanks

thanks

no prob

Ok,I did what you said,and then ran the scan I posted above.The negative green numbers mean a rich mixture,correct?

Tuner in Training
    Ok,I did what you said,and then ran the scan I posted above.The negative green numbers mean a rich mixture,correct?
    Yes. It means that it is richer than your commanded AFR
    Kipp
    2003 Z06 Blk/Blk/Torch Red
    2008 3/4T Duramax/Allison