Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What to look for in a scan?

Look at where I'm at now.Do I still multiply by% 0r by-% half?

Ok,this one loks even better I think.One thing that I think is weird,watching the histogram at the beginning of my scan the numbers are lean but as my scan goes on they eventually become rich.Is this normal?And does the IAT have an effect on this?
    Also is there a way I can set my fans to make the engine run cooler?I have a 160 stat.

Tuner in Training
    It takes a little while for your pcm to "learn" the new settings. Probably around 15-20 miles or so....atleast for me

-2001 Chevy Cavalier-
    GM Charged - alot of bolt-ons - HPTuned

Quote Originally Posted by WhininZ
    It takes a little while for your pcm to "learn" the new settings. Probably around 15-20 miles or so....atleast for me
    That's only for closed loop tuning or when using fuel trims. He is tuning with a wideband, so he is in open loop. No learning until he's done and goes back to closed loop.

2000c-5,I've got quite a few 0s now.What do you think?

I've got most of tyhe cells under 5 now.But I still have a couple that are over 10.Is there some way I could multiply those cells seperatley?

I took 2 scans today one on the way to work and one on the way home.The first one looks pretty good,but the second one I sat in a lot of rush hour traffic and the IAT was in the red.This seems to cause a problem.How can I rectify this?Which scan do I copy from to edit with?What do I do next?Please help me with this. Tim

I'm really starting to get frustrated.It seems like no matter what i do I can't get it any closer than the scan I'm attaching.I don't know how you can say it only takes 3-5 runs. I've done it like over 30 times and this is as close as I can get.I don't know if you guys are doing yours on a dyno where the conditions are more stable.It seems like the IAT has a large effect on the VE scan.What could I be doing wrong?

Should I go with the 1 bar SD OS? Will that help my problem?

What's the deal?Did I piss you guys off somehow that you're not replying to my posts anymore?