Thread: LC1 and HPT don't agree

Tuner

LC1 and HPT don't agree

hey guys

so I have had my innovate LC1 and XD16 gauge for a while and since day 1 I've had trouble getting the XD16 readout to match the HPT readout on my datalogger.

whats the formula you guys are using to setup the LC1?

I just selected the LM1 in the list of available widebands figuring they read the same but now I'm questioning my decision and was wondering if anyone else had the same issue.

It seems the LC1 and HPT are almost the same at idle (the LC1 always reads richer, maybe by .1) But under WOT when HPT says 13:1 the LC1 is reading 11.8:1 or richer.

any help is appreciated

If you have the standard range setup on the LC1 10-18 AFR your forumula is V/.625+10. If you have significant offset, adjust the "10" value.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner
    thanks

I'll be trying this out when i get my new sensor.. I have a constant E-8 error code.. new sensor is enroute I'll post my results

Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune
    If you have the standard range setup on the LC1 10-18 AFR your forumula is V/.625+10. If you have significant offset, adjust the "10" value.
    default is not 10~18 AFR....
    straight out of the box the LC1 is set up as 7.35~22.39
    volts / 0.3324 + 7.35
    -Scott -

Sorry for jumping in here but i'm trying to check the voltage offset for my lc1 and I was wondering where am I supposed to plug in the V/.625+10? Am I supposed to plug it in for the histogram somewhere or the lm programmer? Can someone please explain this please. Thanks, Mike

I'll try. I just got this figured out. You don't use the LC-1 sensor PID. On the scanner table display you go down towards the bottom to the area below the first set of double lines. Right click on a blank place or on the LC-1 if you have that there. You're going to be writing over it. Select "insert" and from the menu select "user defined" instead of the wideband>LC-1 PID. Name it something like "AFR corrected" and put in an abbreviation like AFRc in the other box. In the sensor input box select from the drop down menu "Air Fuel Ratio" and from the box below it select units as "afr". To the left there's a formula with two place for you to fill in and two radio options. Select the "linear" radio button. In the formula put "0.625" below volts and to the right after the plus sign put in a trial number (eg:10). You'll be changing that later but it's the starting point.
    Read the sticky on finding the number that will calibrate for the correct reading. My number was 9.95.
    Another thing is to program the "advanced" setting on the Logworks programmer so the LC-1 averages for 1/12 of a second. It's on "instant" by default and gives screwy readings.
    Last edited by svede1212; 04-08-2007 at 06:01 PM.
    2004 GTO Blk/Rd M6 (Ziggy)

Best ET: 12.390 ET, 112.73MPH, 1.819 60ft

Tuner
    thanks a lot! as soon as it gets dry out I'll be trying your method

logworks has been a bit screwy since my laptop doesn't have a serial port, getting it to program the LC1 is a bit annoying but I have managed to do it before. I'll change those settings when i start re-tuning my car