Thread: connect error 8012 device is not open, help!

Potential Tuner

connect error 8012 device is not open, help!

i posted this on tech and last nite emailed [email protected] haven't gotten a response yet, i need this resolved asap, trying to get to the track this week and the car is loaded up on fuel with the new external pumps, need to tune it so bad it can't hardly leave the garage on its own.
    i have a new laptop now with usb instead of serial like my old one i was using. install my hp tuners and bought a dynex usb adapter. when i try to connect i get the above error that i put as the subject of this thread. someone on tech said i need to tell hptuners which port to use or i dunno what. i'm totally stuck here, seems i can't get the computer to connect with hp tuners and thus not with the car, please help, thanks!

Potential Tuner
    oh, yes the drivers for the usb adaper are installed and working, i spent some time on the phone with the dynex tech line to be sure of this.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Have you tried the things listed on this page http://www.hptuners.com/help/introdu...leshooting.htm yet?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    horist told me to make sure the settings for the port matched those on that page..did so..doesn't appear to do anything
    Procharged 98 Z28
    2006 Trailblazer SS

connect error 8012 doesn't sound like a HP Tuners error, it sounds like an error your usb/serial converter might throw.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Potential Tuner
    its handled, got it connected last nite, big thanks to Horist for the help yesterday and thank you Keith for resetting my account so I could download the newest version. using that version got rid of the 8012 error, then changing my port number from the assigned 11 down to 1 got it to qut doing the interface not found error and connect. got the car straightened out on fuel last nite
    Procharged 98 Z28
    2006 Trailblazer SS