Thread: still have problems w/ 80 Swap Codes

still have problems w/ 80 Swap Codes

[PCM] P0717 - Input Speed Sensor Circuit Low Input (Pending) (Old) (Current) (Immature)
    [Unknown] B2615 - Unknown (History) (Current) (Immature)
    [Unknown] U1000 - Class 2 Communication Malfunction (History) (Immature)
    [HVAC] B0263 - Unknown (History) (Immature)

ECTune, i was using your file you sent me and was still have problems with transmission hot light and check engine lights. I did a crank re-learn, didn't help. I was told to take a 2004 silverado stock bin from a 6.0 4l80 and change all the engine tables that were different to my 5.3 including the DTC's. So i did that and pretty much similar codes are still there but now a new one which is the input speed sensor, that was never there before. Everything is plugged in, the SS wires i got from Speed Engineering were put in the correct locations, Green 22 and 23 pins. Do i need to activate those or something. I am still in need of help, this is week 2 since the swap was finished. The thing is that the truck is running fantastic. THe thing that was really concerning me was the transmission hot, cause that light isn't supposed to come on until like 280, so i logged tranny fluid temp and it never gets over 195. And when it would go into hot mode, it would shift really wierd, so for temporary fixes, i took all hot table settings and set them to the normal tables, just so when it did go into hot it would just act normal. Anyone, ineed help.
    2004 Sierra, 5.3L, K&N, TB Bypass, HP Tuners, FLT 4l80/Yank PT3200/SE Conversion, Dynatech LT's, LS1 Fans, 3:73's, HID's in Headlights/Fogs, 22" Velocity Wheels.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2492197

could have bad sensors.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Looks to me to be a wiring issue. I've checked the file 2x and it checks fine. And I haven't had problems on other 80E swaps.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune
    Looks to me to be a wiring issue. I've checked the file 2x and it checks fine. And I haven't had problems on other 80E swaps.
    Yep, got it handled, thanks again.
    2004 Sierra, 5.3L, K&N, TB Bypass, HP Tuners, FLT 4l80/Yank PT3200/SE Conversion, Dynatech LT's, LS1 Fans, 3:73's, HID's in Headlights/Fogs, 22" Velocity Wheels.

Then it was a wiring issue? Whew! Not fun... But glad you found the problem.

Then it was a wiring issue? Whew! Not fun... But glad you found the problem.
    Yah, at least everything is working great right now. Thanks again for all the help

Did you have a pinout issue then or an actual wire connection issue?

Did you have a pinout issue then or an actual wire connection issue?
    the pins going to the pcm i didn't push in all the way, and when i plugged the pcm back in it backed those wires out. I had done my e-fans a while ago and had forgotten you had to push those suckers in really far until they clicked, and i just didn't get them in all the way.

Ahh good to know. Glad you're running good now.

Tuner in Training
    Can I have a copy of your bin file for my 2004 6.0L/4L80 swap please?

I am having a hard time.....

Send me a PM with your VCMSuite info log and your stock & current tune.
    His won't work in yours. Trucks have a ton of different engine/trans/fuel/system/speedo files within the same OS and you can't just copy and paste the values. You MUST do a segment swap to do it right.