Thread: Are 98 and 99-02 LS1's compatible

Tuner in Training

Are 98 and 99-02 LS1's compatible

A buddy an I are getting ready to get HP tuners and we want to make sure it will work for us. He has an 01SS and I have a 98SS. If we buy the professional version would we each just use 2 of the 8 credits? Is everything compatible with both cars? Thanks a bunch. I'm sure this won't be my last post here. Can't wait to start tuning.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by theblur98ss
    A buddy an I are getting ready to get HP tuners and we want to make sure it will work for us. He has an 01SS and I have a 98SS. If we buy the professional version would we each just use 2 of the 8 credits? Is everything compatible with both cars? Thanks a bunch. I'm sure this won't be my last post here. Can't wait to start tuning.
    yes & yes...just do pcm locks and you'll have several credits to spare.

It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    yes & yes...just do pcm locks and you'll have several credits to spare.

Could you elaborate just a little on dong the PCM lock...Does that affect the amount of credits used
    Thanks

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    yes it does, dramatically, here's the list of our supported vehicles & how the credit structure breaks down http://www.hptuners.com/products/vcmsuite_vehicles.php

remember you get 8 credits with your initial purchase, so if you do two pcm locked licenses that leaves you with 4 credits left to save or use whenever you'd like.

dont confuse PCM lock with PCM liscense...
    locking the PCM doesnt change anything

basically if you want to lisense only your vehilce you can do it for less credits than if you wanted to lisence it as a year/model unlimited

example being your 1 vehicle and your buddys 1 vehicle
    2 vehicles total
    4 credits
    however you could choose to liscens it so that you can tune every 98 fbody and that costs 6 credits
    and you could also liscene it so you could tune every 01 fbody and thats another 6 credits..

If you feel like you can help some other locals out with a little bit of tuning then you might consider buying the full year/model liscense instead of the individual vehicle license
    -Scott -

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    sorry, don't mind me Scott...when I say pcm lock Im referring to the license since technically its licensed to that pcm and that pcm only. Scott is correct with the licensing, sorry if I confused anyone.