Thread: Need help w/histogram

Potential Tuner

Need help w/histogram

I have downloaded a couple of different histograms for STFT vs MAF HZ for 5 Liter Eater and one from the histogram sticky. everytime I try and log data to any of them i get the unsupported error message. Any ideas on what i may be doing wrong? If you download the histogram from the sticky at the top of the page should it work right off or is there something you have to add to make it work?

Use this config file, as the histograms are all set up. Just insert your brand of wideband in place of my FJO in the table display.

Russ Kemp

Potential Tuner
    right now I don't have a wideband that is why I am trying to log STFT vs MAF. When I get my wideband in in the next week or so I will use this however.... Thanks! Anyone have a histogram that plots STFT and MAF fq that works??

If you're getting 'unsupported parameter' for the STFT histogram you don't have MAF Hz or STFT in your table. More than likely MAF Hz is missing. Either that or you're trying to use it on a non-LS1/LS6 application; EG: LS2's have two MAF tables.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Potential Tuner
    Hmmmmm.....it is definately a LS1 so thats not the prob. I got the table from your post in the other thread about tuning MAF. I believe it has HZ as the unit of measure. When I import the histogram to histogram 8 it shows 1 axis MAF in HZ. Then when I try and scan it jumps to the error message???

Right, thats because you are not logging MAF Hz in whatever config you're scanning with. The PID just says "Mass Air Flow", it doesn't mention the Hz. And it's not the "Mass Air Flow (SAE)", that is in g/sec. Do you have that in your table?
    Bill Winters

Go to the table, right click an empty cell, insert, expand PID List, Engine, Airflow, Mass Airflow (Hz). Double click Mass Airflow (Hz). Then try logging. Any logs you open that you took with a config that did not have MAF Hz in the table at the time will be no good.
    Bill Winters

Potential Tuner
    Ahh maybe that is it...I will check...Thanks a bunch!

Just copy the Maf config file to your desk top, then cut & paste to your program files > hp tuner > vcm suite. Then close everything, then open your scanner & click on file & then find and double click on the Maf config file. The histograms, tables & charts are all set up.

Russ Kemp
    Last edited by Russ K; 04-03-2007 at 02:05 PM.