Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: HP Tuners VCM Suite v2.1.18 is Now Available!

Arrow HP Tuners VCM Suite v2.1.18 is Now Available!

HP Tuners VCM Suite v2.1.18 is Now Available!

At the end of another busy development cycle, HP Tuners is pleased to announce the release of VCM Suite 2.1.18. This release brings GM V6 "Alloytec" engine support, some licensing enhancements and also sets the foundation for our official Ford release. Read on!!

Major new features in v2.1.18:

- Holden "Alloytec" V6 engine support for Commodore, Rodeo and Captiva vehicles
    - Licensing enhancements (read any vehicle, licence a file capability)
    - Ford Beta testing begins (2.1.19 beta)
    - Support for additional 2007 GM vehicles, new operating systems and calibrations
    - Several critical bug fixes.

Once again, we would like to thank our dedicated team of forum moderators, beta testers and all our valued customers who assist and provide idea's to make VCM Suite the best tuning solution on the market. Your enthusiasm and dedication is truly appreciated by all HP Tuners staff. As we journey into Ford tuning and making VCM Suite a true cross platform product we hope all our customers share in the exciting times ahead!

Holden "Alloytec" V6 engine support
    In another industry first for HP Tuners, we bring tuning and scanning support for the Holden "Alloytec" V6 vehicles. This new V6 engine controller has proven tough to beat, but after a successful beta test period we are ready for public release. Many tuners are seeing great torque, power and driveability gains on these engines and the market can finally develop for intake and exhaust mods to these engines. With VCM Suite enabling tuners to unleash the power gains for these traditional mods, the more exotic setups are not far away. We look forward to the coming months!! Support for US vehicle calibrations are in development right now, so our US customers won't have to wait much longer - watch the website for beta announcements for US vehicles.

Licensing Enhancements
    In an effort to streamline our support processes to ensure the fastest response and least inconvenice possible to various support issues, we have made some changes to the licensing process. In VCM Suite 2.1.18, users will now be able to read any supported vehicle before being asked to license. This saves time and unnecessary software downloads to provide support to new calibrations or unknown vehicle types.

Additionally, as a feature enhancement for our large mail order tuner customer base this release provides "license a file" capability where you will be prompted to license any file you open that you are currently unlicensed for. If you do not choose to license the file then you will still be able to view the file but will be unable to edit or save (as is the case currently).

Ford Beta
    HP Tuners is excited to announce public Ford beta testing! After numerous delays and non-technical issues Ford support is finally here for VCM Suite. With this release you will be able to read any of the following vehicles if you have an MPVI interface:
    05-07 Ford Mustang V8 4.6, 5.4
    05-07 Ford Mustang V6 4.0
    04-07 F-Series Gas V8 4.6, 5.4
    03-07 F-Series Diesel V8 6.0
    08 F-Series Diesel V8 6.4
    05-07 F-Series Gas V6 4.2
    07 F-Series Gas V10 6.8
    E-Series as well for the same years as the above F-Series

We ask that if you can, read those vehicles and e-mail us the hpt file, and a vcm suite info log while connected to that vehicle.

Note: The list of vehicles above does not imply support or any timeframe for support for tuning (please see below). We are trying to set priorities during the beta and the number of files read and emailed to us will assist in that process. eg. if we receive more feedback from diesel owners than V6 we will develop the diesel calibrations first.

Before we go to full general release, we will begin a public beta testing program with the 2.1.19 beta release. Beta testers will be selected based on participation in the above read program and general history with our previous GM products. To be part of the beta testing you must purchase Ford credits if you wish to tune your vehicle. If you wish to just read your PCM and send us the file there is no credit requirement. Please understand this is beta testing and whilst the major capabilities are functional, there are features that are partially implemented that will be completed in parallel with the testing.

The initial VCM Suite 2.1.19 beta testing will cover the following vehicles (for tuning and scanning):

We expect the beta to begin in 2-3 weeks.

Review our general release & beta release methodology HERE.

A complete list of new features and bug fixes can be found HERE

Obtaining the update
    All customers can login to download and install VCM Suite 2.1.18. Updates are FREE to all customers. MPVI customers who have never logged in, please create an account.

Please note that not all listed features and new vehicle types are available on serial interfaces.

For all ordering and pricing information on any of the new vehicles listed above, please see our Shop Online and Supported Vehicles page.

- The HP Tuners team.
    I count sheep in hex...

Oh dear...the Ford guys should be happy. They've been waiting a long time for this. Great job!
    2008 Viper - now with HPToona - 1/4 Mile Shenanigans Here
    11.02 @ 130

This is also the beginning of a much more powerful VCM Scanner.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    Licensing Enhancements
    In an effort to streamline our support processes to ensure the fastest response and least inconvenice possible to various support issues, we have made some changes to the licensing process. In VCM Suite 2.1.18, users will now be able to read any supported vehicle before being asked to license. This saves time and unnecessary software downloads to provide support to new calibrations or unknown vehicle types.
    Additionally, as a feature enhancement for our large mail order tuner customer base this release provides "license a file" capability where you will be prompted to license any file you open that you are currently unlicensed for. If you do not choose to license the file then you will still be able to view the file but will be unable to edit or save (as is the case currently).
    Ford Beta
    HP Tuners is excited to announce public Ford beta testing! After numerous delays and non-technical issues Ford support is finally here for VCM Suite. With this release you will be able to read any of the following vehicles if you have an MPVI interface:
    05-07 Ford Mustang V6 4.0
    03-07 F-Series Diesel V8 6.0
    08 F-Series Diesel V8 6.4
    05-07 F-Series Gas V6 4.2
    07 F-Series Gas V10 6.8
    E-Series as well for the same years as the above F-Series
    The initial VCM Suite 2.1.19 beta testing will cover the following vehicles (for tuning and scanning):

No Duramax Switchable RTT

But still for the Ford stuff.
    Congratulations (Need smiley of Australian flag)
    2005 Sierra Z71 SLT CCSB (LM7)
    STS GT67, LPE GT 2-3, ASP Pulley, Delphi 42#, A'PEXi AVC-R, PLX SM-AFR, FLT Level 5 4L65E, PI Vig 2600, HP Tuners with 2-Bar SD OS (Plus some smaller mods)

Support our Troops

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners
    Sweet, could you elaborate?

Can we splice scans together, to make one huge file?
    Can we select multiple cells individually (CTRL + Select) to paste into the editor.
    Footnotes on the actual graph indicating a comment would be nice....
    Filter out by gear since we can log manual gears.

... but yea, a splicing feature would be outstanding...
    2005 Pontiac GTO LS2

MY FQUICK - http://www.fquick.com/cyclone_chris

Mods:
    K&N Intake | 18" Staggered TSW Thruxton Setup | Toyo T1-R Tires | Billet Products Short Shifter | Kooks 1-3/4" LT Catted headers | NGK TR55 | Ported Stock Intake Manifold | Corsa Sport Exhaust | Polished T/B | FlowTech Streetsweeper V2 Cam | SLP UD Pulley | 160 Thermostat | LS7 Clutch | 39# Ford Blue Giant Injectors | Scorpion Roller Rockers |

445 RWHP/413 RWTQ

What happened to LS1 auto-tune? Wasn't it promised for this version?

Potential Tuner
    Didnt see auto-tune. Was looking forward to it. But maybe next time

Advanced Tuner
    kickass! The change to licensing is awesome (license when you modify instead of upon reading)

Keep up the good work
    Mike Horist
    00 WS6 (TA) | 04 WS6 (GTP Comp G)
    Mike \\#at&\\ horist \\&dot$\\com

BOTH cars HP Tuners Tuned

Can we view the ford tables now or just read the pcm? Just to clarify, You want us the send the .hpt and info log to [email protected]?

We pulled edit for ford out of 2.1.18 so there wasn't any confusion as to why you couldn't license/flash just yet.

Yes, your instructions are correct.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Ford support excellent.. now if my wife leaves the gas cap off I should be able to reset the dumb light by using the laptop instead of disconnect the battery. And now hopefully I can sweet talk her into keeping it instead of trading it in for a solstice GXP. No we don't have money to throw around but she is hooked into sports cars and most of her paycheck goes to her ride. Now if I can just get her to opt for a turbo for the 4.6 3V ... and HPT... Rock on, or should I say boost away!!

Thanks guys ... true I was another person wanting for the autotune but can wait another 3-4mo as long as I can do some ford stuff now.

OneFastGT

I'd definitely like to hear about this one...transient filters perhaps?
    2008 Viper - now with HPToona - 1/4 Mile Shenanigans Here
    11.02 @ 130

What about "F" series 7.3 powerstroke (Aus) - got em lined up at the door waiting.
    LS2 Alloy Block 402 - VORTECH V7 Gilmer driven 15 psi 937.3 rwhp street driven.

Senior Tuner
    Does .18 scanner work on Fords?

Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1
    Does .18 scanner work on Fords?
    no.
    I count sheep in hex...

How about auto tune?

Going to be a later release.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Advanced Tuner

Exclamation

WTG HPT!!!

Don't take this the wrong way but, I love you guys...

Now if you could just release the LS1 "Autotune" feature, then my life would just about be complete.... lol
    2001 Camaro SS M6 - 23,xxx Miles

Huron Speed AC Turbo AC Kit - 6.0L 9.4CR, LS3 Heads, 226 232 115 lsa cam, Turbonetics 7575 1.15 AR Turbo

10.98 @ 133 MPH on 9 lbs boost

Advanced Tuner
    Very cool. I have access to quite a few Fords (I work in Dearborn, MI) so I'll see how many I can scan and send in.
    1970 Corvette LS1/T56
    2001 Corvette Z06

Advanced Tuner
    1 question, just want to make sure I read it right-

I can read any car I want, any GM car even though I don't have a license, save the file to my HD, look at it but can't make any changes to the file unless I apply credits?