Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HP Tuners VCM Suite v2.1.18 is Now Available!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    They've already been asked to put out a solution for Harleys & mazda's so why not just throw it in the bunch lol
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    When will the older fords be able to flash? 199-2004 Lightnings

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    once this beta period for the newer vehicles is completed im sure they'll be working to get the older stuff tunable.

Potential Tuner

Pre 2003 Ford?

Quote Originally Posted by NOS500
    What about "F" series 7.3 powerstroke (Aus) - got em lined up at the door waiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzz28
    When will the older fords be able to flash? 199-2004 Lightnings
    Yeah, what they said !!! In particular interested in 2000, 7.3 Powerstroke (US) !

2.1.18 definitely a step forward!

Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    They've already been asked to put out a solution for Harleys & mazda's so why not just throw it in the bunch lol
    Lol, Im guilty of asking for the motorcycle stuff... Motorcycle tuning software is a joke compared to HPT. You all dont realize how good we have it until you see this crap. There are big bucks in it, These fools will drop $1500+ on simple tuning alone. They are about 6+ years behind the game, But they are taking notice to HPT and EFI. I own 6 differnt motorcycle/Marine programs to cover all my needs. I work closley with two companys, One of them asked me to send my hpt package to them so they could look at it. I did not they can buy there own. (Heads Up)... clue srt missing a vowel
    Last edited by 1slowsilverado; 04-04-2007 at 11:19 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Man trust me I know...I've seen the other v6 software thats out there as well as the other competition HP Tuners has, not only in the GM market but Ford & the lack there of in the Dodge market lol...they are definitly making the moves to set them up for a real future in the tuning software industry

Quote Originally Posted by SRPerformance
    I checked: http://www.hptuners.com/products/vcmsuite_vehicles.php no answer.

How many credits to tune a Holden V6?
    yeah sorry we overlooked that page on the website. fixing it shortly.

Credits are 4 (single) & 12 (year/model).

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    No 03-04 Mustang Cobras?? Ugh!! I can scan in both cars easily
    2002 BSM T/A WS6 #3371 (Sept 12, 2002) "LOB"
    TSP Tqr II (232/234 113lsa +2), ETP Heads, FAST 90/NW 90, 42#SVO, 25% Powerbond Pulley, FLP catted LT's, B&B Tri-Flo, QTEC, Smooth bellows, Fast Toys 85mm lid & Grn Filter, Lou's SS, LG SFC's + X Braces, LG LCA's, LG PHB, LG DSSL, LG TA, Koni SA's lowered, Z06 Front brakes, Earl's SS lines, IForged Classics (18x9.5" F, 18x10.5" R) & very big and expensive stereo... (Eclipse, Zapco, Focal, Lotus)

I'm waiting for the Toyota Prius requests to come piling in...
    I want my MPG... LOL
    Always Support Our Troops!

As per the release "We ask that if you can, read those vehicles and e-mail us the hpt file, and a vcm suite info log while connected to that vehicle"

I tryed to read quite a few fords today.... F150, 250, E150, 250, F350 Deisel, mustang etc... Could not do a Read any (failed to validate pcm) But could pull a vcm info log? Should we be able to read the pcm or just pull the info log, You ask for a .hpt and info log?

Yes, if you can not read the PCM but can get a VCM Suite Info Log, send in the info Log to [email protected] .
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner in Training
    Yesterday I was thinking: "God, I'm a very happy man with my new HP Tuners Pro..." But now, with the Ford release in a few weeks I'm in ecstasy

And something keeps telling me there's more to come.... (auto tune?, SRT4?, SRT8?)

Does the new "file licensing" mean that I can't get a file from a buddy with the same model car and load it into my car?

If that's the case, can I still pull up both files, compare the differences, and copy the tables from my buddy's file and put them into my file and then load my file (revised with my buddy's tables) into my car?
    2005 Vert Z51 MZ6
    Horsepower Sales 954-984-8040
    4:10's, FAST 92, A/R Headers w/cats, G5x3, .040 gaskets AFR 205 heads ORIG CLUTCH
    472rwhp/414rwtq
    Best pre-cam:1/4-1.730, [email protected]
    Best w-cam, pre-FAST 1/4-1.666, [email protected]
    Best w-cam & FAST 1/4-1.519, [email protected] DA-793
    Best w-cam & AFR heads 1/4-1.445, [email protected] DA-581 1/8-1.445, [email protected] DA-581
    Top speed 185 (so far...) 0-60 mph 2.59 sec (track)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUX3UNFl124

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I never recommend just willy nilly loading up someones file into your car...use the comparison feature, use the copy over all differences feature as you see fit, but I wouldnt just load someone elses file into your car.

The new "file licensing" allows you to remotely license a vehicle, something that you could not do before

It also allows you to read out any supported vehicle without using any of your credits.

Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    I never recommend just willy nilly loading up someones file into your car...use the comparison feature, use the copy over all differences feature as you see fit, but I wouldnt just load someone elses file into your car.

The new "file licensing" allows you to remotely license a vehicle, something that you could not do before

It also allows you to read out any supported vehicle without using any of your credits.
    Great - that's what I like to do, load both up, copy over some tables from another file into my file and load my file back in my car. Sounds like that's still permissable. Thanks for answering.

How would this work with a mail order tune? Can I still mail my file to a tuner, have him make changes and email my file back?
    2005 Vert Z51 MZ6
    Horsepower Sales 954-984-8040
    4:10's, FAST 92, A/R Headers w/cats, G5x3, .040 gaskets AFR 205 heads ORIG CLUTCH
    472rwhp/414rwtq
    Best pre-cam:1/4-1.730, [email protected]
    Best w-cam, pre-FAST 1/4-1.666, [email protected]
    Best w-cam & FAST 1/4-1.519, [email protected] DA-793
    Best w-cam & AFR heads 1/4-1.445, [email protected] DA-581 1/8-1.445, [email protected] DA-581
    Top speed 185 (so far...) 0-60 mph 2.59 sec (track)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUX3UNFl124

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    The new file licensing now allows your tuner to license your file remotely...before it was a huge hassle because if you had some oddball car/truck or just a vehicle your tuner didnt have the year/model or tunershop license for it was a true PITA to license the file so that he could modify it and send it back to you.

Now when you send him your file if he doesnt have the license when he opens the file it will ask him if he'd like to license it which will allow him to modify it and save it so he can send it back to you with a tune in it or he can just view the file, do compares, etc...all the things he could do before.

In the end it just opens alot more doors and makes getting more vehicles supported even easier for you and HPT.

Tuner
    i may have read the licensing wrong.... but licensing and credits are 2 different things right?? i hope because i have already licensed my truck and now i have to license every tune file i want to run?? or no?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Once you license a vehicle you can tune that vehicle an unlimited amount of times with no further outlay of credits.

Tuner
    ok thats what i thought.. so when it asks me now to license a file thats already been credited and licensed on the old beta i click yes and it wont take credits away from me? plus i think its asking me that because i'm not connected to the vcm

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    if your already licensed it shouldnt prompt you for anything...if it is then theres an issue that you might want to post in the help section so I can help you there rather then hijacking this thread.