Thread: Question about credits, even after I read the FAQ

Tuner in Training

Question about credits, even after I read the FAQ

I am the president of a Colorado and Canyon truck club. Both of which can be tuned by HPtuners.

After reading the website and FAQ's, I am still unsure about something.

Seeing as the Colorado and Canyon only came out in 2004, there are currently 4 years of the vehicle. 4 years of colorados, and 4 years of canyons.

From looking at that pic, this are the questions I have:

1. If i plugged in my friends 2005 Chevrolet Colorado, and chose 'Single Vehicle License', using 2 credits, will that allow me to tune his vehicle at ANY time from there on in, or do i have to use two credits every time I tweak his tune?

2. The Unlimited Year/Model License; if instead of choosing the 'Single Vehicle License' option, spending two credits, and I chose this option to spend 6 credits, does that mean I can tune an unlimited amount of trucks, providing they are all 2005 chev colorados?

If anyone could help me with those two questions, that would be fantastic, or please point me in the direction where I can clearly get those answers.

Please and thank you.

Advanced Tuner
    once you licence that car you can tune it as many times as you want for the orignal 2 credits,

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    1. If i plugged in my friends 2005 Chevrolet Colorado, and chose 'Single Vehicle License', using 2 credits, will that allow me to tune his vehicle at ANY time from there on in, or do i have to use two credits every time I tweak his tune?
    2 credits will allow you to tune his vehicle at any time from there on.

2. The Unlimited Year/Model License; if instead of choosing the 'Single Vehicle License' option, spending two credits, and I chose this option to spend 6 credits, does that mean I can tune an unlimited amount of trucks, providing they are all 2005 chev colorados?
    you'll be able to tune an unlimited amount of 2005 I5 colorados/Canyons or 2005 I4 Colorado's/Canyons depending on the engine you initially hooked up to.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    thank you for the responses.

So, if I hooked up to a 2005 I5 Colorado, to do it 'unlimited', it would cost 6 credits, allowing me to do as many 2005 I5 Colorado's I can find?

Would it also cost me an additional 6 credits to do a 2005 I5 Canyon? Or does the HPTuners recognize the 2005 I5 Colorado, and the 2005 I5 Canyon, as one in the same?

Example: You want to tune all 2005 Colorado & Canyon's with the I5. You chose Unlimited Model Year on the first truck. Now you can tune all 2005 Colorado's & Canyons with the I5.

But: not the 2005 I4 or 2004, 2006, or 2007 model years unless you license the model year/engine family on them as well.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune
    Example: You want to tune all 2005 Colorado & Canyon's with the I5. You chose Unlimited Model Year on the first truck. Now you can tune all 2005 Colorado's & Canyons with the I5.

But: not the 2005 I4 or 2004, 2006, or 2007 model years unless you license the model year/engine family on them as well.
    Okay, thank you, I guess that answers it. If I initially plug in a 2005 I5 Chevrolet Colorado, spend the 6 credits, I will also be able to do unlimited tunes on the 2005 I5 GMC Canyon. Correct? And will not have to spend an additional 6 credits to be able to 'unlimited' tune the 2005 I5 GMC Canyon.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtreme4U2NV
    Okay, thank you, I guess that answers it. If I initially plug in a 2005 I5 Chevrolet Colorado, spend the 6 credits, I will also be able to do unlimited tunes on the 2005 I5 GMC Canyon. Correct? And will not have to spend an additional 6 credits to be able to 'unlimited' tune the 2005 I5 GMC Canyon.
    Correct, correct, correct
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    you guys are great, thank you