Thread: Alright guys, help me out, or try to!

Alright guys, help me out, or try to!

Okay, ive been reading for the past few months on getting tcc apply/release tables striaghtend out and in cohoots the way they're supposed to be with your shift tables. My problem is, when i see people post their tunes and look at them, IT JUST DOESNT MAKE SENSE!

Here's a screenshot(i want to set performance mode settings) These settings are stock and untouched. (2002 1500HD w/ 4L80 & stock tcc)

You guys say to put the apply 1 or 2 mph before the upshift, and all that...but there are so many cells! For example, in that screenshot, my 1>2 100% throttle shift is 40mph...but the TCC apply is 60mph in the 100% tps cell. Will someone please dumb this down enough for me, so i can set these right! (and/or set my tables for me )

Im also posting my stock tune.

Thanks a ton!!!

I would assume that since you shift before it hits the TCC Apply, then it wouldn't apply in 2nd gear. But will engage right before you shift out of 3rd gear and into 4th.

Make sense?

haha! not really, sorry! But in the mean time what I did is i took the stock perf mode shift speed table and copied to the the apply table and added 1.15 mph. (i pulled that number out of my ass lol)

It locks and holds pretty good...I can tell a HUGE difference when i nail the loud pedal. I think the lil sorority girl in her green beetle bug one lane over on I65 had to clean her drawers after that.

It does lock @ WOT which i need to fix cuz it slips and for like 2 seconds and you can feel it lugging @ about 3K and finally i guess it lets go and its fine from there on out. So, i guess i basically did what you guys say to do by setting your apply table higher than your shift mph table. So...I guess im as clear as a distorted shower door instead of a brick wall now, like i was.

But thank you Cybnext for taking the time to reply!

gman,

Try this trans tune. A lot of the 6.0L trucks lock the TCC at WOT, not a good plan. Plus the engine really labors when the TCC locks.

Russ Kemp

russ k is this a type of transmission setup you would apply to a lq9 6.0l w/supercharger?

Thanks for the file Russ. I'll take a peek at that file when i get on the other computer.

I realized after i dropped the hammer yesterday afternoon, what i had put in there and that it was going to lockup at wot...and it being a stock converter, i backed off of it.

One thing that scared me, was that i saw Input shaft and Output shaft rpm, and they were different sometimes..Input being lower rpm then the output. is that okay? Why would the output shaft need/have to turn roughly 4mph faster?

Quote Originally Posted by gman4dx266

One thing that scared me, was that i saw Input shaft and Output shaft rpm, and they were different sometimes..Input being lower rpm then the output. is that okay? Why would the output shaft need/have to turn roughly 4mph faster?
    If the TCC is unlocked when decelerating, the input rpm will be lower than the engine rpm. The input rpm will be lower
    than the output rpm when in 4th gear.

Russ Kemp
    Last edited by EC_Tune; 04-05-2007 at 04:13 PM.