Thread: Is it possible disable/remove VATS on a 2004 GTO LS1 engine with HPT?

Tuner in Training

Is it possible disable/remove VATS on a 2004 GTO LS1 engine with HPT?

my engine runs for a couple of seconds now. Ive just installed it in a Nissan 200sx, thats why i need to remove the VATS. I thought you where able to remove vats with HPT. thats actually why i bought the program. If i cant remove it on my engine i guess I should have done a little more research before i bought the program. . It works good i manage to download and upload the VCM. Just have to learn the program. Ive tried to search the forum to find an answer.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    system-general tab-Vats fuel cut-disabled or is that not doing it for you?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    under system-general tab-Vats I have 3 choices. VATS: Serial, PWM and None. cant see the fuel cut disabled choice. My engine has a Serial VATS as standard.

Tuner in Training
    I just installed the HPT update that i got on mail yesterday. And now i found the Fuel Cut disable function right under the other VATS button. . Maybe i got so lucky that you released an update on this the same day i was gonna start my engine .

if you set the type to None it will disable VATS completely.
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    Chris,
    What do you do when there isn't a NONE selection?

Tim

email your file to support please.
    I count sheep in hex...

I just installed the HPT update that i got on mail yesterday. And now i found the Fuel Cut disable function right under the other VATS button. . Maybe i got so lucky that you released an update on this the same day i was gonna start my engine .
    Can someone explain when we should see the "fuel cut disable" and when we shouldnt? Looking at one of the stock programs for a 2002 LS1, I dont see it. I do see the VATS disable feature.

David

it was a bug, its all fixed now.
    I count sheep in hex...

Chris,

I dont see it using version 2.1.1.8 when opening a 2002 LS1 file of the repository.

A friend is programing my PCM so am getting familiar with the program using similiar files.

Should I see it in a 2002 LS1 PCM file?

David

?

David

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    nope...04's have alot more stuff packed into them. If you need to disable VATS in an 02 just set Security-VATS-none & that should do the trick.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner streetrodmuscle's Avatar
    I have the same problem with my Camaro 2002 V6 3800 series 2 engine swap in an old Plymouth. It fires right away and runs for 2 seconds. Clearly a fuel pump shut off due to the non existent VATS.
    I have upgraded to the latest software release of the scanner today, but I have only the options System/Security/VATS PWM or Serial. No option NONE. So I put it on PWM.
    I have programmed the DTCs 1626, 1629, 1630 and 1631 to 3=no error reporting.
    But still the same problem. Any suggestions what else to do to make this baby run....

Tuner in Training
    I have the newest version. All I see under system, general is vehicle and alternator. I have checked everywhere and the is no vats option.

Tuner
    By "System", they meant "OS". Under the OS tab, you will find "General". Under General, you will see the VATS Patch 1 and 2 toggles. Set them to Disabled. Mine also has the Starter Fault Checks disabled.