Thread: Check engine light keeps coming on- P0140 P0160 (cleared)

Tuner in Training

Question Check engine light keeps coming on- P0140 P0160 (cleared)

I removed my rear 02s and I turned off these codes with Hptuners but they keep coming back on. Why would this happen?

p0140 bank 1 rear 02
    p0160 bank 2 rear 02

EDIT:
    I forgot to add that it has been off and fine for over 6 months (no engine light). It just popped up out of no where this past week.
    Last edited by 86mcss; 04-18-2007 at 08:20 PM.

Post your file, and I'll take a look at it for you.

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    Thanks a lot.

I have everything to do with the rear 02's disabled. I do not know why the engine light would come back on for them.

Vehicle is an 2002 5.3 ECSB Silverado 4x4, XR265HR, Pacesetter LT's & ORY, Intake.

Also please make any changes you feel would be needed to my tune.

I believe my tranny is shifting to firmly right now. Do you think I have to much line pressure?

thanks alot Russ.
    Last edited by 86mcss; 04-19-2007 at 12:42 PM.

I set codes P0140 & P0160 to no error reported, this will eliminate those codes. Codes P0174 & P0175 had the check mark removed from the SES box, I checked them for you.

You had the trans force motor current table lowered a lot, I leave that table stock & just zero the 100 psi column. Then I firm the shifts using the shift pressure tables. A Corvette 2-4 servo would really firm up the wot 1-2 shift. But give this trans tune a try. I left all your shift points & TCC lock up speeds alone. I also reduced the upshift torque management tables by 50%.

Your PE tables were still delayed as stock, so I made the changes to eliminate any delay going into PE.

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ K
    I set codes P0140 & P0160 to no error reported, this will eliminate those codes. Codes P0174 & P0175 had the check mark removed from the SES box, I checked them for you.

You had the trans force motor current table lowered a lot, I leave that table stock & just zero the 100 psi column. Then I firm the shifts using the shift pressure tables. A Corvette 2-4 servo would really firm up the wot 1-2 shift. But give this trans tune a try. I left all your shift points & TCC lock up speeds alone. I also reduced the upshift torque management tables by 50%.

Your PE tables were still delayed as stock, so I made the changes to eliminate any delay going into PE.

Russ Kemp

I owe you. What do you want for your time?

I have paypal.

Tuner in Training
    hey russ

when i try to open the file it tells me it failed validation check.

You need 2.1.18 to use my files. Download the update from the customer page.

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    Sorry about that.

Everything you did turned out great. What do I owe you for your time fine Sir

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 86mcss
    I removed my rear 02s and I turned off these codes with Hptuners but they keep coming back on. Why would this happen?

p0140 bank 1 rear 02
    p0160 bank 2 rear 02

EDIT:
    I forgot to add that it has been off and fine for over 6 months (no engine light). It just popped up out of no where this past week.

I am in the same boat...it just came up recently and I thouight I had everything disabled too !!!

Whats the fix?

Tuner in Training
    Also how do you attach files?

thanks

Tuner
    Russ is certainly a great asset to this forum