Thread: wideband and OE computer

Potential Tuner

wideband and OE computer

Has anyone used an Innovative wideband in place of of their primary o2 sensor???

Jason
    99 Z24
    157hp/171tq
    boost soon ; )

YES..yes...and yes

LC1 used as a simulated Narrowband...
    worked just fine

if you do that then you will want to change all of yoru 02 switchpoints for both banks to be whatever the LC1 is set up to be(which I believe is 450mv?? but not 100% sure any more)..
    I decided to go 100% open loop though and ditched the narrowband sim
    I just didnt need the narrowband sim at all
    -Scott -

Tuner in Training
    whats the best way to do the wiring? leave the stock one hooked up so the computer doesn't see a problem or to just turn off the codes with HPT?

Tuner in Training
    I recently did this with my I5 Canyon but had some issues with the switching point setting CEL and making the truck barf. The I5 has no option for changing the O2 switch points.. Do the I4s?

Quote Originally Posted by RCSBcolo
    whats the best way to do the wiring? leave the stock one hooked up so the computer doesn't see a problem or to just turn off the codes with HPT?
    wire in a resistor to the power and ground so that the pcm sees something there...
    set narrowband output to be what you need for switchpoint stoich value in millivolts
    connect hot and ground signal wires to stock connector(best to buy a new plug end and leave the stock connector alone)
    dont have to turn off any codes that way
    -Scott -

Im currently running with the heater codes turned off, is there any downfall to doing this. And if i decide to use a resistor instead which one would i use for a 06 GTO?