Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A6 Brake Torque Management table?

Senior Tuner

A6 Brake Torque Management table?

I have an 07 Corvette with the A6 tranny. What does this table control?

maximum allowed torque when the brakes are applied, ie. so the brakes stop the vehicle.
    I count sheep in hex...

Senior Tuner
    Thanks Chris!

Guess you could increase this table so you can do smoky burnouts... LOL

Always Support Our Troops!

Senior Tuner
    Not knowing what it was I though maybe it had something to do with torque management. My shifts are awfully sloppy and would like to improve them on this A6.

Nothing pressure wise that you can do about it right now.
    Chris has something in the works though...

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune
    Nothing pressure wise that you can do about it right now.
    Chris has something in the works though...
    Sounds good! I have a table for pressure. The value is 110 psi. What would 115 do?

there are disables for shift torque management in the latest beta, email support to get access.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    there are disables for shift torque management in the latest beta, email support to get access.

Chris...
    Thanks Chris, email sent!
    The factory program sure creates some mushy shifts for my 07 Corvette. Hopefully this can be helped.

It definitely does...

Tuner
    So then the next release will be able to help my buddies 07 C6 and the soft shifts? Great!
    Is it just a complete disable of shift torque management or is it adjustable?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    its a complete disable.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    I reprogrammed my PCM to disable TM with the new test beta. Wow! I want to warn people, know what you are doing before trying it. I tried it a few minutes ago and on the 1-2 shift I nearly lost control of the car. It went squirrelly from loss of traction and almost sideways. Pulled out of the throttle as soon as I was going sideways and got straightened up ok. I'm just thankful I did not try the 2-3 first as I would have been going much faster. I have a log of the shift but don't know if it will give us any insight of what went wrong.

I do appreciate the new tuning but need to know what to do to keep the car under control at shift.

I was on concrete with good traction. Wasn't a loss of traction due to poor conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by 8850
    I reprogrammed my PCM to disable TM with the new test beta. Wow! I want to warn people, know what you are doing before trying it. I tried it a few minutes ago and on the 1-2 shift I nearly lost control of the car. It went squirrelly from loss of traction and almost sideways. Pulled out of the throttle as soon as I was going sideways and got straightened up ok. I'm just thankful I did not try the 2-3 first as I would have been going much faster. I have a log of the shift but don't know if it will give us any insight of what went wrong.

I do appreciate the new tuning but need to know what to do to keep the car under control at shift.

I was on concrete with good traction. Wasn't a loss of traction due to poor conditions.
    Wow, what vehicle do you have?
    Seems like some serious power. 700+hp?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Overclock This
    Wow, what vehicle do you have?
    Seems like some serious power. 700+hp?
    No 700 hp, I have an almost stock 07 C6 Corvette. It has only an air intake and 160 tstat. 1900 miles on the car. Factory rated at 400 hp. Would need slicks to hold traction or a loose converter to lessen the violent shifts. Rpm's drop from 6300 to about 4100 too quickly with TM disabled. A loose converter would not drop so drastically in rpm.
    Last edited by 8850; 04-28-2007 at 12:48 PM.

I reprogrammed my PCM to disable TM with the new test beta. Wow! I want to warn people, know what you are doing before trying it. I tried it a few minutes ago and on the 1-2 shift I nearly lost control of the car. It went squirrelly from loss of traction and almost sideways.
    Sounds like my kind of shift!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    No 700 hp, I have an almost stock 07 C6 Corvette. It has only an air intake and 160 tstat. 1900 miles on the car. Factory rated at 400 hp. Would need slicks to hold traction or a loose converter to lessen the violent shifts. Rpm's drop from 6300 to about 4100 too quickly with TM disabled. A loose converter would not drop so drastically in rpm.
    a loose tq converter would make traction even more non-existant lol trust me.

As for breaking the tires loose between shifts...thats why they call it Torque management I suppose

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    a loose tq converter would make traction even more non-existant lol trust me.

As for breaking the tires loose between shifts...thats why they call it Torque management I suppose
    For street use with radials I'm afraid we C6 Corvette guys are going to need a little TM.

No doubt a converter would require better traction mostly in first gear but the shifts wouldn't be quite so violent. The rpm wouldn't drop as much at shift.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    try running a 3500ish stall on radials & tell me how it shifts with TM off unless you completely were to peddle it through all of first gear you'd probably still break the tires loose BADD going 2-3...I literally could see you spinning 1-2-3 gears all the way through with any sort of decent stall in an A6.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    try running a 3500ish stall on radials & tell me how it shifts with TM off unless you completely were to peddle it through all of first gear you'd probably still break the tires loose BADD going 2-3...I literally could see you spinning 1-2-3 gears all the way through with any sort of decent stall in an A6.
    I had a PI 3600 in my 98 Camaro and it definitely did not like radials. I had to run ET Streets on the street. Those stalls are wicked! Would be interesting to see what one would do in this Corvette.