Thread: Disable F55 Suspension on 2005 C6?

Disable F55 Suspension on 2005 C6?

I had to remove the front suspension sensors when I installed my APS twin turbo kit since the intake hoses for the kit needed to go where the sensors once were, so I replaced the F55 shocks with C6 Z06 shocks instead. Now my DIC shows three error messages in succession. "Service Ride Control", "Shocks Inoperative", and "80MPH Maximum". They are pretty annoying.

Has anyone successfully been able to disable these errors?

You need a Tech II to disable the F55 option in the BCM.

Russ Kemp

Can you tell me the menu options to follow in the tech2. So far I've been to my dealer twice this week, and they don't seem to know what they're doing. Either that or menu item just isn't there. From the picture it looks like you have a C5, but I'm dealing with these silly error codes on a C6. I've cruised around in the Tech2 myself, and I can't find the right menu either, I thought it would be under SPS, but no.

It's under diagnostics -- Body --- BCM --- BCM Special functions -- BCM Setup.
    Then you have to follow the bouncing ball of checking off RPO Codes. When you get to F55 set it to disabled.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Thanks EC_TUNE,

I finally found someone here locally but at a different dealership that knew how to disable the F55 on my 2005 C6. Those darn messages are finally gone. One more thing on my turbo to-do list is done.

Its funny, the other dealer wasted two hours of my time Monday and two more on Wednesday, who knows if they wasted their time, or just let the car sit in the bay, but they never did disable the F55. The other dealer was done in 10 minutes, and knew exactly what to do. You just never know.

Now its time for a boost controller... Lets see, AEM or Turbo Smart, decisions, decisions

Click here for my install pics
    Last edited by wewing; 05-04-2007 at 04:13 PM.

Eboost-2. I've used them and they work great. Oh, and throw a little AlkyControls Methanol in there so you can run some timing and make some bodacious torque.

Just got done with a C5 Z06 APS TT with heads, small turbo cam, stock bottom end, EBoost2, Meth, 9.5 PSI: 650 RWHP, 635 RWTQ. I hope the owner doesn't break it... LOL

Wow, those are great numbers ec_tune. I think I'll try to keep mine below 600rwhp for now for that very reason, I don't have thousands of dollars to spend on another bottom end right now. I'm at 496rwtq and 480rwhp, and I'm shooting for 60 to 80 more for safety sake. One day when I have the money for the rings and pistons to beef it up, I'll take it higher.

Does the e-boost2 fit in a standard pillar pod? I am seeing its size advertised at 60mm instead of 52mm.

Yes, with a little fudging it will fit. You might have to dremel it slightly as it is a tad larger than a standard gauge like you noted.