Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is DFCO????

Advanced Tuner

Re: What is DFCO????

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherUser
    DCFO is a PITA. It is hard to figure out what to set it to on a cammed car.
    Well let me know when you do. Because I can't figure it out either. Personally I feel that it might be somehow related to bucking under 0 TPS that I get when coming to a stop. I'm just not too sure where to start to look.

Advanced Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by WS6snake-eater

Well let me know when you do. Because I can't figure it out either. Personally I feel that it might be somehow related to bucking under 0 TPS that I get when coming to a stop. I'm just not too sure where to start to look.
    I thought that too. I know if you are in DCFO there is no bucking on decel, but it is hard to control. Try adding 10 kpa to your entry and exit map and see if it helps you. Also add +100 rpms to your entry and exit RPM, that helps a little too (I think).
    1998 Camaro Z28 M6: SLP Lid, Adj. Panhard, SFCs, CAGS!, Hotcam, Hooker Shorties, Katech Tensioner, Catback with Dynomax 17221 3\" Muffler, Mobil-1, Bosch +4s, 160 Stat, !EGR, !MAFless, !FRA, S3 TB

Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherUser
    I thought that too. I know if you are in DCFO there is no bucking on decel, but it is hard to control. Try adding 10 kpa to your entry and exit map and see if it helps you. Also add +100 rpms to your entry and exit RPM, that helps a little too (I think).

Well this is better direction than I had.... lol!

I will give this a try..

The only bucking I have is at 1300 - 1600 rpms..

I added 2* of timing to my 0.28g/cyl to 0.12g/cly this seemed to help, but I only did it yesterday so I will have to give it a day or two more to know forsure if it is gone.

if not I will try this.
    01 Trans Am WS6, &&M6 ASC# 3201 420.5 HP 394.2 TQ&&TSP 228R, PRC 5.3 RHs, QTP\'s with catted Y, Asp, HS Rockers, Jantzer TB, !Baffles+sealed airbox,Factory Hurst w/LSS, Magnaflowatback, Direct-flo lid

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    There is a lot of information about DFCO in the help files.
    I just ran across this old post while trying to answer some of these questions as well, I have to say, the help file to me was not very useful and seemed really dated from my newest version.
    I still have no clue how to set it. All I want is one, not to coast-down real lean and no big engine brake feel at 65mph when I lift the throttle or kill cruise. I just want to coast as best possible.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
    2000 Regal GSE
    2007 Trailblazer SS