Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: boosted 2.4 solstice

Unhappy still trying----

Quote Originally Posted by Russ K
    I still would need to see the screen pic of the available pids.

Russ Kemp
    heading out to try again ...i'm not ignoring you - i couldn't figure out how to do that yet.... ... sorry -

then something seemed to work .... side tracked ..brain farts . i have the demo memorised ..hahaha - this is a humbling ,maddening adventure

..i did send stuff to disc c and some stuff worked thankyou
    - the best ( histos still gimme -parse error ).... i was all excited i thought i had it yesterday....nope

i'd have changed to .16 but didn't see that either ( and figure its me anyway )..........then i had to take a break !! ......

there should be a DTC ---- for user aneurism and hypertension

no clue russ - how to save that

heres todays attempt

russ idon't know why i can't figure how to save that page???........i'm sure its simple ?? but sorry i couldn't......

i tried again.....

i had LTFT on primary table ( on laptop ) - worked !!- its not showing...HERE on desktop so yall can't see it either !

.....the histos i struggled with for hours and could SEE on laptop won't show.......

.....i really feel SICK !!
    and the orange half lock nx to thread - ?? is that a warning ??..........

theres a lil more info on this one today - see anything useful ?........
    Last edited by zzzybil; 05-20-2007 at 05:31 PM.

Pam,

This is what you need to do, open the table display and make these changes. Delete the Manifold Absolute Pressure [SAE] & replace with Manifold Air Pressure [KPA]. Delete the VE Airflow [g/sec], Cycles Of Misfire Data and Commanded EQ Ratio [SAE] (since the Air Fuel Ratio Commanded Hi Res pid is working). Don't no why the Inj. Pulse Width Avg Bank 1 [msec] is always at 0,and the Long Term Fuel Trim Bank 1 [SAE] is at -100%.

At least the ECT & IAT pids are not at -40* now. Could you post your latest tune file, as I need to know why the commanded AFR is as rich as 7.35. This is the screen pic of your pid list. The AFR histograms are working on my end.

Russ Kemp

latest wot BOY

this evening - trying to wot in 3rd...........let me know if you see histos

will do
    thanks russ...

. i am sure -40 & -100 pretty much mean paremeter not functioning/off - i still have trouble pairing configing which sensor etc to each other and if i get that right the unit is wrong...........tuff but if you see it

after 7 months WOT was nice .....still a lil early but i see the LIGHT

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyHHR
    Thanks, Russ.

I recommended a while back to "downgrade" to v.16, since .18 won't work will logging the E67. Read earlier.

Pam, did you go back to the earlier version?
    going back to .16 is NOT the fix in this situation. And going backwards is rarely going to be the answer so please do not recommend this. Keith is working on a fix but it is an operating system driven issue that only affects a few vehicles where parameters would sometimes show up and sometimes not for no apparent reason.

Pam, I'll be returning your email shortly.
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 05-23-2007 at 03:57 PM.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Pam,

I was at a Pontiac dealership and scanned a 2006 Solstice. Still couldn't get the ECT, Map, and the Injector Pulse Width Pids to work. I did get the O2 sensor to work, by inserting the none SAE O2 pid in the table display. Also the AFR commanded hi res pid works. I would email support with this config file & scan log.

Russ Kemp

different day SOS

thankyou for posting - i appreciate having you reply and your time to help me

the cfg you posted gives me the same " won't PARSE message . ... that drives me nuts - but i used to think it was me doing something wrong....its a relief to know its not me - i assume you know how to post ..lol...

the hpl does "parse " i can see it - and haven't figured out what to learn from it yet.........only histo 1 & 2 reflect any values.......the rest give you that printed page...........i'm wondering if thats the primary table you feel is more valuable, parameters you think i should be using ??? ? and IF you had other histos 3-8 that just won't show ?? i have come to believe none of my custom histos are ever going to show -tho no clue why ?? - the best i can do is focus on my primary table and chart

i lost my last config and would like you to look at this one .(primary table )...i prolly need to remove the parameters that are not working ( map, oil press, torque ,egr position ,injpulse wid avg bank 1, ) ditch that stuff ?or try again to configure them ?? much of this is still a mystery so when i don't know or can't get 1 thing i try to see what i can "get".........
    since my histos won't show ( all 8 are configured and show on my scanner but not here ??)
    i need the best primary table and chart possible - i have someone else trying to help me too ( 1000 miles away ) but WITHOUT good info and readings its a crap shoot......he's not psykic....

so any advice IS appreciated - its wet out and i need good scans to start working on my timing - i think we have the fuel better - closer now - that scan for some reason did not "save" ( only the 1st warmup prior to the WOT run) saved ?? so i have to repeat it ( WOT for tweaking fuel ) when it drys up outside.....then i think we are ready to work on timing ?

.. the attachment is purely for configuration critique . of the primary table and chart....... i am frustrated that the histos i struggled to configure won't show but honestly at least 2 are prolly wacked anyway...i don't have the axis /labels right .........anything else i need for timing tweaks ? what you see as missing ?

i did try to contact HP and got a fairly glib reply from foff ( i know what that stands for now ..lol..) nutshell : that i needed to express myself coherently was the gist and summation of that assistance - basically they knew there was a bug ...scans don't read or pick up some parameters in some random issue ??? - really no help .... no worries .. being a noob i get the frustration they must have with us too.....it prolly works both ways

which makes me appreciate you even MORE !!
    2.4 ecotech ( 2006 pontiac solstice )
    42lb injectors
    trim 50 garrett t3t4 (custom -barebones pumpking )
    boost @ aprox 7 <10
    38mm tial wastegate and bov
    3" tubes front to back
    werks radiator
    bell intercooler
    GXP,magna flo exhaust-with integrated dumptube by B_FASTER & R&D
    aem wideband
    custom manifold -by sh**er the skunk
    (((HP ))) tuning - in progress
    jet hot 2000
    aerospace logic egt kit

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    the cfg you posted gives me the same " won't PARSE message . ... that drives me nuts - but i used to think it was me doing something wrong....its a relief to know its not me - i assume you know how to post ..lol...
    you need to save the .cfg file. Then open your scanner. Then go to File-load config.

the hpl does "parse " i can see it - and haven't figured out what to learn from it yet.........only histo 1 & 2 reflect any values.......the rest give you that printed page...........i'm wondering if thats the primary table you feel is more valuable, parameters you think i should be using ??? ?its because histograms 3 and IF you had other histos 3-8 that just won't show ?? i have come to believe none of my custom histos are ever going to show -tho no clue why ?? - the best i can do is focus on my primary table and chart
    Thats because Histograms 3, 4, 5, 6, & 7 are based on the primary VE table which you don't have one. Histogram 8 is left blank for YOU to customize.

i did try to contact HP and got a fairly glib reply from foff ( i know what that stands for now ..lol..) nutshell : that i needed to express myself coherently was the gist and summation of that assistance - basically they knew there was a bug ...scans don't read or pick up some parameters in some random issue ??? - really no help .... no worries .. being a noob i get the frustration they must have with us too.....it prolly works both ways
    unfortunately theres little I can do about the situation other than supply Keith with as much information I can about the situation. He is aware of the scanning issues & is working on the fix.

Pam,

On post #16, I explained how to save my config file.

Russ Kemp

Pam,

Are you going to be at Nationals in Nashville?.....Perhaps I can help you then...
    I had no issues getting some of those PIDS to work.

PS....This is SOLGTP

Russ, I see where you had the opportunity to confirm the E67 w/ v.18 logging issues. If you had tried a few more scans you would have found that some "automagically" began working while others quit. That'd get your head beating against the wall!!

Bill strongly disagreed with my suggestion of backing up until this issue can be fixed. I, personally, disagree with him since backing up has me working for now.

Unfortunately I made Keith aware of this issue on 4/4 and after much testing and passing data to him following that there is still no resolution. Unfortunately for Pam (and others) the ability to log well with v.18 has been broken for nearly two months now.

VE TABLE question - foff and or anyone

i did exactley like you said saved it to my computer disc c then after i save it - go back and try to open it with hp scanner.....

. i am on the desktop now ...i'll try again on the laptop

- holy smokes its working ( russ cfg ) on the laptop - maf freq high LTFT% -histo is reading -100 1st try and actual readings the nx ?? using the same log ???....
    ........ i got 2 computers open and twitching

lets give that a rest and let me ask 1 more DIFFERENT question tonite

something about a VE table...... i'm thinking the 2barmap option is only available for v-8 here at HP ..........not available for my solstice - ( could be wrong ?? )

I DO KNOW A COMMERCIAL KIT is using a 2barmap sensor - in a solstice

they have to have used something whether they don't need the VE table or Whatever - if i don't have a VE TABLE WHAT DID THEY USE ?... i'm not arguing - just stating that it is HAS BEEN DONE ..exact same car sooo

i see a VE parameter logging on my primary table on the last scan ( 5-29 warmup )...
    its showing VE and lbs/min...if thats not VE what is it ??
    .. even if i don't have a VE table..??
    maybe its not VE ???on my primary table i don't know - its dayum easy to be confused if VE ain't really VE...... ...lol
    you can see i am struggling and barely have a clue....
    ...yes only 2 histos come with my program( duhhh ) but thats what custom feature is for .i got 7 of 8 sorta configured ...tell me what i can do -not what i can't !

could i configure a VE table histo- this mystery VE table..( duhhm question ? ) . the commercial kit had tuners who knew how to work around whatever limitations....they aren't any smarter than yall ! good possibility he's sitting out there with yall... ....roflhao

i know i test yalls patience.. lol.. and get exasperated .you guys forget how smart you are .......thankyou for bearing with me
    any links or replys, reading , anything and every answer is sincerely appreciated...... i have had a couple angels cross my path thru this..i got into this mess purely by accident ...i'm not going to quit !
    one of yall needs to write a tuning for dummies..........for people like me ......justa thought ...thanks again and ...
    goodnite !
    pam
    42lb injectors
    boost @ aprox 7 <10
    3" tubes front to back
    werks radiator
    bell intercooler
    aem wideband
    jet hot 2000
    aerospace logic egt kit

Advanced Tuner
    Thank god, looks like we have started to make some progress. I have been trying to view your scans for SO LONG! Now that I can actually see them maybe I can be of more help.

good to have you back - cfg question

good to see you stevo - i was afraid i mighta tore my drawers...this can be so frustrating....the bad days are BAD !

to all that reply and try to point me in right direction

i'm going to post todays progress... the__ 2nd __run on the "longname" file MIGHT be the best run ..
    but my question today is can you see the histos 1-8 ...... or which ones can you see ((( on which file ( 3 different ) cnfgs....))))... anything past histo 1 & 2 is progress ( 3-8 ? )
    i think the one reading 100 is maybe setup right just no sensor working yet....but i thought the scans were working for a while ? just not histos and my parameters
    just an answer of what you can see would be helpul....
    ...let alone if you can guess the problem or have an opinion

which config is more useful of these - any comments appreciated
    42lb injectors
    boost @ aprox 7 <10
    3" tubes front to back
    werks radiator
    bell intercooler
    aem wideband
    jet hot 2000
    aerospace logic egt kit

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Pan nobody is going to see a useable histo in 3-7 since they are based on a the primary VE table which your computer does not have one...histo 8 is blank, but all 8 are fully customizable. This is the second & last time I will explain this to you. Unless you make custom histograms & post the cfg file the won't see a thing.

Pam,

Your still not using the 2006 Solstice config file that I posted a while ago.

Russ Kemp

I looked over the last (long filename) log she did with my config file. What a mess!

First, without a copy of her tune to see what was tweaked to trick the ECM for boost, I think it's going to be hard to help here.

In that last scan the most noticeable thing I saw was a huge difference between Commanded and actual (WB) AFR readings in places. For example on a full power run I see a Commanded of 8.87 while the WB is showing around 11. More concerning is in a higher gear pull, the WB reading climbs from around 11 up to 13.2 near the peak rpms, which almost indicates maxed injectors and lean for boost. Hard to say since the IDC isn't being logged. Under steady cruise with 14.7 commanded the WB keeps jumping from normal up to the high 16's.

Why all the extraneous PIDs on the table?

Then again with version .18 on this ECM there are other things not logging properly. For example KR is on the table and not actually being logged. That is nuts with boost!

Pam, unless HPT will give you a copy of an older version to properly log my recommendation is to park the car before you blow it up.

And.... listen to Russ!!

whoaaa

russ i started over downloaded the file...YOURS... put it in disc c then up from there to scanner..(((fresh )))..absolutley is YOURs....the 3rd file however is using My configuration.....
    per your reply (RUSS 5-31 )....i did exactlly EXACTLEY what you told me and used it on 2 of the 3 scans ....
    ....yep i'm taking alot of flack about mine but where is the good feedback from your 2 cfg scans ????....you didn't even recognise it ??.....was there 2 different cfgs from you ?.i went back to the post you quoted..(DID WHAT YOU SAID
    ..i really don't understand...
    ...you could have ignored ( the long named - my config ) and used your TWO ????.......i promise THAT WAS YOURS !!

solgtp has sent me another config file ....i'll load that on the car tommorrow and let yall see if its any better....i'll also do a scan using benny joe HHR - the file he sent.......( its been so long i can't remember why i file 13'd that one ??.......

this is brutal guys.........i expected a lil concern on the high afr at the tail end of the 3rd gearWOT runs..- .the afr went to 12 @6100 rpms and 13.21 @6700 rpms ..

.. my instructions are shut down if afr goes higher than (((13 )))...@ WOT

...i have never professed to know what i'm doing......i DID believe knock was recording
    i saw some minor knock 1-3 and even a 4 once but not during the last 4 fuel tweaks..... scans
    i assumed knock WAS recording - hell yeah if i'm thinking i have no KNOCK but thats a mistake because its really not reading then tis RANDOM BUG IS DANGEROUS

i'll show yall what i get on hhr and solgtp configs.....tomorrow ....if the weather is decent.........see what yall have to say about them !!
    whoaaaa baby we talkin no joy in katrinaville - this is crazy

please just ignore the attachments....i just want to see what if anything of hhr info shows and if the knock shows on the sputter log.......i don't need anymore grief over these cfgs....they are old....we'll see what hhr and solgtp cfgs look like if they suit yall better........
    42lb injectors
    boost @ aprox 7 <10
    3" tubes front to back
    werks radiator
    bell intercooler
    aem wideband
    jet hot 2000
    aerospace logic egt kit

Pam,

Just looked over all your scan files. There is no way that any of them are the 2006 Solstice Config file that I posted.

Russ Kemp

post # 26

i didn't get to load the new cfg solgtp gave me yet but i will use his and yours from ______ post #26 ______and try again...... if i made a mistake it will be obvious .... i guess its possible ..( i even had it dated ??? )...after reloading it maybe i chose the wrong one.........i'll delete all the older ones 1st this time .......
    thanks for hanging in there with me !!
    42lb injectors
    boost @ aprox 7 <10
    3" tubes front to back
    werks radiator
    bell intercooler
    aem wideband
    jet hot 2000
    aerospace logic egt kit