Thread: 2Bar OS VE Table Problems Reduced Power!! "Need Help"

Tuner

2Bar OS VE Table Problems Reduced Power!! "Need Help"

Problem 1:
    I just converted my standard OS to a 2 Bar the other day. I bought a 2Bar Map sensor from summit part# MSD-2312. I got it all installed loaded the 2bar os and everything was cool. but i noticed that the MAF was still giving PCM inputs cause my timing only jumps around when i use the map and not is SD mode. I thought the MAF is disabled with a 2bar os?? well i set the MAF fail to "0" and the truck runs great. my question is do you have to set the MAF fail to "0" when running a 2bar?

Problem 2:
    I followed the demo that shows how to convert to 2bar with the VE, but my 2bar VE table starts at 30(kpa) not 15(kpa) like the standard OS and goes by 10's up to 210(kpa). Is that right? on the demo is shows the 2bar still starts at 15(kpa) and goes by 5's up to 210(kpa).

Attached are 2 tunes with their scans. The "2Bar New VE" is the way the VE table should be set up according to the demo, but with this tune at 5lbs of boost the truck shuts down and the reduced power light comes on With codes [PCM] P0068 MAP/MAF-THROTTLE POSITION CORRELATION, [PCM]P0103 MAF SENSOR CIRCUT HIGH FREQ.

The "2Bar Old VE" is with the exact VE table of my standard OS tune

Also my histo for VE wont read stft past 50kpa.!
    i'm open for suggestions!!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Problem 1:
    I just converted my standard OS to a 2 Bar the other day. I bought a 2Bar Map sensor from summit part# MSD-2312. I got it all installed loaded the 2bar os and everything was cool. but i noticed that the MAF was still giving PCM inputs cause my timing only jumps around when i use the map and not is SD mode. I thought the MAF is disabled with a 2bar os?? well i set the MAF fail to "0" and the truck runs great. my question is do you have to set the MAF fail to "0" when running a 2bar?
    Yes you need to run in SD mode for the 2 bar custom OS...the program just applies the 2 bar, you still need to put your vehicle into SD though.

Problem 2:
    I followed the demo that shows how to convert to 2bar with the VE, but my 2bar VE table starts at 30(kpa) not 15(kpa) like the standard OS and goes by 10's up to 210(kpa). Is that right? on the demo is shows the 2bar still starts at 15(kpa) and goes by 5's up to 210(kpa).
    Most 04+ calibrations don't have enough room to support the stock resolution AND still have the VE table extended to 210kpa as well as adding a boost VE table, etc. Just not enough room.

Attached are 2 tunes with their scans. The "2Bar New VE" is the way the VE table should be set up according to the demo, but with this tune at 5lbs of boost the truck shuts down and the reduced power light comes on With codes [PCM] P0068 MAP/MAF-THROTTLE POSITION CORRELATION, [PCM]P0103 MAF SENSOR CIRCUT HIGH FREQ.

The "2Bar Old VE" is with the exact VE table of my standard OS tune

Also my histo for VE wont read stft past 50kpa.!
    i'm open for suggestions!!
    you'll need to set your p1514/p0068 table higher than stock otherwise theres a possiblity you'll hit reduced power mode.

As for why your histo won't read correctly I assume you have a custom PID referencing MAP for some reason. Just go into your hptuners folder & delete the VCM Scanner.cfg file, open your scanner, add the 2 bar PID & delete your maf lb/hr pid and you should be good to go again.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    I knew there were some answers!! i just wanted to make sure the VE table was right was my main concern and if thats the way its suppose to work then great!! haha... whats the best way to convert the ve table to the compacted 2bar table?? wouldnt a direct copy and past run leaner since the fueling for 30kpa on 2bar is really the 15kpa on the normal??

also i did bump up the p1514/p0068 table up by 10% but i guess that wasnt enough!

Thanks for the help!!!!