Thread: Supercharger??

Tuner

Supercharger??

I'm thinking about getting one of their D-1SC superchargers and the 3 core standard intercooler. It's going to be a custom install on my 1996 GMC with a LS2 engine setup.

Since it's a truck you may want to look at a MagnaCharger as well. It's a hybrid Roots style so you get instant boost. Lots of torque which a truck needs.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner
    We were thinking the centrifugal supercharger to help with fuel economy. With gas creeping in towards $4/gal we had to keep it in the front of our minds instead of the back.. The 5.7L Vortec engine we are taking out has a whipple supercharger on it. By the way which is for sale. At first I was contemplating NOS but I don't like the idea of having to fill the bottle all the time.

The Maggie has a bypass valve and only takes 1/3 HP at cruise to turn it. AC takes a lot more... LOL
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner
    Anyone have any thoughts/comments about Ls1 computer vs LS2 computer? I was told the LS2 has better resolution. I'm putting a 14PSI supercharger on this engine and am not sure if I need to upgrade to the LS2 comptuer or if I will be ok with the LS1 from a 2002 Escalade?