Thread: Logging w/LC1 and HPT

Logging w/LC1 and HPT

Well I finally got my LC1 hooked up to my laptop with hpt. Now I followed soundengineer's offset sticky and got hpt to be the same as my wideband but I have a question. Do I have to keep the LC1 hooked up to the laptop via the serial to usb adaptor AND the LC1 hooked up to the hpt mpvi when i'm logging or can I just hook up my hpt mpvi that is connected to my wideband and log for ve,maf, ect?
    Plus do I need to log the eio user configuration that I used for getting the offset right or can I just use the aux input for wideband o2 LC1? I'm getting confused, I don't see how I can use just the wideband o2 LC1 input from the aux to log afr? The afr won't match up unless I use the eio configuration that I used to match the wb and hpt will it? I hope someone can understand what i'm trying to say here, i'm starting to get confused from just writing this.
    I'm going to use the open loop speed density sticky that soundengineer supplied in the hpt help and it looks like he is just logging afr commanded hi res. and wideband o2 lc1. So basically what im trying to say is will my lc1 and hpt match up correctly? Thanks in advance for any replies, hopefully you can understand where i'm going with this.
    Mike

you only need the MPVI hooked up

the point opf finding the offset is so that you would have a custom Aux input PID...that you will use from that point on out...not the default LC1 PID

-Scott -

Thanks Scott, I finally realized what I was doing wrong, now hpt is reading the same as my wb. I've only got 1 problem that I just can't fix. I've got my ve table almost perfect, the afr is 14.7 throughout all of my driving and I couldn't be more happier. I'm glad I followed your olsd stickey, my car has never run so good. But I'm still having the lean startup problem that I can't pinpoint. Cold starts are the worst. The afr when I start it is around 17-18. If I drive it for a little while, shut it off, start it up the afr isn't as bad, its more like 15.5-16.5. I want it to be 14.7 everytime I start it. I don't know what could be causing this. Air pump, fuel trims, closed loop, cot,dfco,egr are all disabled. I've got my olfa table pretty rich up to 160 then its all 1.0 all the way up. It seems like when I start it and drive for a couple of minutes it goes back to the normal 14.7 range. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated,
    Mike