Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Right when I think I got it down....

My FJO wideband manual has an output calibration chart. At 14.5 AFR there should be 2.45 volts between the 2 wires going to the EIO. At 13.0 AFR, there should be 1.97 volts. Not sure what the voltage is on the PLX, but once you find out, then hook up a volt meter to the 2 wires at your EIO and compare the voltage to the AFR in the scanner. Do this with the engine running.

Russ Kemp

Not A Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ K
    My FJO wideband manual has an output calibration chart. At 14.5 AFR there should be 2.45 volts between the 2 wires going to the EIO. At 13.0 AFR, there should be 1.97 volts. Not sure what the voltage is on the PLX, but once you find out, then hook up a volt meter to the 2 wires at your EIO and compare the voltage to the AFR in the scanner. Do this with the engine running.

Russ Kemp

You think a guy that doesn't know how to disconnect the AIR pump lines is going to own a volt meter????? Just put this on my to get list

I do remember in the installation guide that there were some voltage referances.....I will check this out and let you know.

Not A Tuner
    Look at this afr histogram from today. Air was cool and overcast. AFR is 15.1 and goes to 14.7 when some throttle is applied. And my WOT is richer than commanded (12.92).

So maybe my whole AFR range IS off......

I did add one degree of timing but this should make WOT leaner not rciher right???

Still waiting for the call back.

DH

Not A Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ K

Russ Kemp
    Bought a multimeter....I hope it has a voltmeter in it.

Give me a couple of months to figure out how to use it

DH

You guys have me confused here. I though that my maf is dialed in, and im back in CL, but if my MAF is almost on the money, why is the stft, ltft, and the wb02 so far off? Here is my log.

TIA
    99Z A4 w/ SS LT's, h/f cats, magnaflow catback, port/polish t/b, egr deleted, ls6 intake, lid, 3.73's, hpt, performabuilt level 1 tranny, 3600 stall, Stage 2.5 (5.3 heads), Torquer 2 cam, 42# reworked injectors, TR6 plugs.

2007 Avalanche LTZ - Catback and Eibach springs

Thats what we're trying to figure out Rice. What is wrong when the narrow bands and wide band do not agree?

I went back to closed loop again this morning. Before the ECT was warm enough to enable CL my AFR error was very close. After CL enabled the LTFTs range from -1 to -8 and my AFR errors range from 3.3 to 9.5. My average AFR as determined by the wide band while in closed loop is 15.67. My overal average LTFT for bank 1 is -6.28. Bank 2 is -7.55.

The fuel trims dont bother me near as much as the closed loop AFR. My narrow and wide band sensors are all plumbed into the header collector so if there were an air leak it would have to be where the headers meet the head. No AIR system on my setup. But my bank 1 and bank 2 trims are very close so that seems less likely. Maybe when they welded my WB bung on they left some pinholes.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

So whats the general consensus, should we be getting the afr close to 0 or the fuel trims? Does anyone have the two matching up perfectly?

Do you think that since I put headers on, which in turn moved the nb02 back a little, it could have made it read cooler/different than what the ecu is used to seeing?
    99Z A4 w/ SS LT's, h/f cats, magnaflow catback, port/polish t/b, egr deleted, ls6 intake, lid, 3.73's, hpt, performabuilt level 1 tranny, 3600 stall, Stage 2.5 (5.3 heads), Torquer 2 cam, 42# reworked injectors, TR6 plugs.

2007 Avalanche LTZ - Catback and Eibach springs

Not A Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater
    Maybe when they welded my WB bung on they left some pinholes.
    I actually crawled under the car and tried to check for this. I put some grease around the weld and ran the car......did not see any bubbles.

There is probably a better way to check.......

And PLX never called me back. I got to give them a call. But first I found my ground wire loose to the PLX box and a did a couple of logs and ALL my readings are lean now???!!!! But when the ground wire isn't conected I get a 12.7 afr reading...so that doesn't seem to make sense????????????

DH

This is interesting. Here is my AFR error and LTFT plotted against the airflow table for cross referencing to airflow modes. My switchpoints are all 450mV. Airflow mode is 64 from 36 g/sec in the bin.

I'm not really sure what it means, but it's interesting.

Bill Winters

Not A Tuner
    This is interesting. Here is my AFR error and LTFT plotted against the airflow table for cross referencing to airflow modes. My switchpoints are all 450mV. Airflow mode is 64 from 36 g/sec in the bin.

I'm not really sure what it means, but it's interesting.

Thats to confusing to be interesting for me

I jammed my ground wire into the PLX (I have to have somebody redo the plug wiring) and my afr was hugging the commaded line in WOT and reading 15.1 highway cruise.

If you shoot me the config file I will log mine for comparison.......(for you....too confusing for me )

Bill,
    That's the exact problem I and my cohort at work were having with the PLX's. The WB showed "lean" but the NB's showed "rich" in the idle-cruise zones. When my PLX expired and I got my DynoJet Wideband Commander (Ken told me I should have gotten one of those to start with...)
    I checked the idle/cruise area again and the dynojet was only off (reads lean) by .1 AFR (accuracy of the sensor) according to my data. And the DynoJet hovered right around 14.7 +&- ~.2 AFR when the o2's were doing their switching.
    Always Support Our Troops!

OK, getting a little despondent now... Maybe I'll hold off on providing any advice for a while...

So my AEM is inaccurate in lower airflow situations and may be accurate at WOT. So I can tune closed loop with fuel trims (yuk) and use the AEM only for WOT tuning and maybe things will be right.

Or I can dump another $529 into a dynojet commander. Anyone have this problem with the LC-1's?
    Last edited by 5_Liter_Eater; 05-24-2007 at 08:52 AM.
    Bill Winters

Then create a custom histogram in the scanner that plots the LTFT (or SFTF if you're not using LTFTs) against the closed loop mode VS: airflow table.
    5_Liter_Eater - I opened my histogram display and looked in the configure histograms table area and the folder that contains assorted histograms and I can't seem to find the Closed Loop Mode vs Airflow Table ? Is there some other place I should be looking ?

Thanks >>>>> INTHERED
    LINGENFELTER MAGNACHARGED 2000 A4 Torch Red Z51 Vert, Smoothline HT, LPE IC Magnacharger, Z06 cam, LPE CNC heads, CC RPM kit, LPE hood, Yank 2800, Rossler trans, Z06 rear w/300Ms, Chrome C6 Z06 rims w/PS2s, Z06 calipers w/PF carbon metallics , Eradispeeds, WCC screens, BBK 80mm TB, TB bypass, 160 TS, GM Z06 MAF, Blackwing, Corsa Pace, AR headers X-pipe & Hiflow Cats, GM HP wires, NGK TR6s, Hptuned by INTHERED with a best 1/4 mile of 10.87 @ 128.90 mph on BFG DRs

It's not a built in histogram. I made it myself. Just create one that plots LTFT's against the closed loop mode VS: airflow table as so:
    Last edited by 5_Liter_Eater; 05-24-2007 at 03:09 PM.
    Bill Winters

Not A Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune
    Bill,
    That's the exact problem I and my cohort at work were having with the PLX's. The WB showed "lean" but the NB's showed "rich" in the idle-cruise zones. When my PLX expired and I got my DynoJet Wideband Commander (Ken told me I should have gotten one of those to start with...)
    I checked the idle/cruise area again and the dynojet was only off (reads lean) by .1 AFR (accuracy of the sensor) according to my data. And the DynoJet hovered right around 14.7 +&- ~.2 AFR when the o2's were doing their switching.
    I started another thread regarding the PLX.....Doug, please see what they said.:
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12388

Don't all these brands mostly use the same WB sensor?? If so isnt it the WB box that interprets the sensor correctly or incorrectly?? When you went with the DWC (which I almost did till everyone had praise for the PLX ) Did you change to WB sensor or just the box???

DH

2004 MSG A4

Appearance: Billet Plate&Sill/SS Insert/Screens/Blackout/Lowered/CCW SP500

Perfomance: 416 CI/228-232@114/AFR 225/FAST/LS2 TB/36#Injectors/Honker/RPM(IV)/Vig2400/Z06 Ti/Kooks/3.42 Gear/Hotchkis/Bilstein/Z06 Springs/Eradispeed/Hawk HP+/Trans Cooler/B&M Trans Pan/RonDavies with EOC/Nitto R2's/AMWcan/Rocker Rails/Frame Savers

Mods & Tune: A&A Corvette

??? RWHP / ??? RWTQ
    1/4 mile: mid 11's ??
    WSIR 1:37.68

Both, as the DWC uses a different connector and sources a different sensor (both LSU 4.2's BTW).

The sensor is "basically" the same (same basic 5 pins but different connectors etc.) but the control mechanisms may be different based on the companies design criteria. WBO2.com has some pretty good info on the LSU 4.2 sensor used in virtually all of the widebands.
    Always Support Our Troops!

It's not a built in histogram. I made it myself. Just create one that plots LTFT's against the closed loop mode VS: airflow table as so:
    I can't find a closed loop mode VS airflow table. Is this table vehicle and/or software dependant ? Iam running version 2.1.13 on a 2000 C5.

INTHERED
    LINGENFELTER MAGNACHARGED 2000 A4 Torch Red Z51 Vert, Smoothline HT, LPE IC Magnacharger, Z06 cam, LPE CNC heads, CC RPM kit, LPE hood, Yank 2800, Rossler trans, Z06 rear w/300Ms, Chrome C6 Z06 rims w/PS2s, Z06 calipers w/PF carbon metallics , Eradispeeds, WCC screens, BBK 80mm TB, TB bypass, 160 TS, GM Z06 MAF, Blackwing, Corsa Pace, AR headers X-pipe & Hiflow Cats, GM HP wires, NGK TR6s, Hptuned by INTHERED with a best 1/4 mile of 10.87 @ 128.90 mph on BFG DRs

Why are you not on 2.1.18? Anyway, the table itself (in the editor) for my old '99 vette is under engine, fuel control, ol & cl, general and is called 'mode vs: airflow'.

Strangely, when I open an old '99 log file and try to edit the histograms, the Closed Loop Mode VS: Airflow table is not there. If I use a log file from an '05 it is...
    Last edited by 5_Liter_Eater; 05-29-2007 at 01:59 PM.
    Bill Winters

Try this to configure the histgram. I've never done a histogram like this before but it "should" work. Use the MAF sensor for the X axis and enter in labels that match the closed loop airflow mode table. The use the LTFTs or AFR error as the plot value.

Lemme know if it works!
    Last edited by 5_Liter_Eater; 05-29-2007 at 02:02 PM.
    Bill Winters

Just tried it and it worked for me. Who's your Daddy?
    Bill Winters