Thread: some more newb ?'s

Potential Tuner

lc-1 hooked up is it right

I have finally hooked up my lc-1 as a wideband and a narrowband. I am attaching a few logs after I finished connecting everything. Thanks to soundengineer for his stickied posts on how to hook these things up.

Question #1 does it look like I have it hooked up right. It seems to look ok to me it's reading 14.7 and seems to look good.

Question #2 In shortride1 I forgot to attach the EIO connector to the MPVI pro and afr locked at 12.27. But when it was hooked up in shortride2 it seemed to be correcting it self to 14.7. Why would it lock when not plugged in and seem to be doing what it is suppose to be doing.

The car is still running in closed loop. I wasn't going to do speed density ve tuning till I had my wideband in. Also the battery was dead on the car after I got everything hooked up do to having the doors open for a few hours. When I set up the lc-1 with the voltage offset directions in the stickies. My volts are still set at 2.95 because I wanted someone to look at my scans and let me now if I set it up ok.

Attachment 5946

Attachment 5947

Attachment 5948

Thanks to everyone who looks at this and helps me in any way they can. I will try and answer any questions to the best of my ability which is very limited at this point.
    Last edited by racecarr; 06-11-2007 at 08:20 PM.
    2001 PEWTER TRANS AM
    A4 2.73's
    1/4..13.806, mph..102.63, 60'..2.153
    STOCK
    1/4..12.909, mph..108.06, 60'..1.932
    SLP LM, SLP Lid, front sway bar MIA, & some free mods

12.27 probably represents the voltage that EIO shows with nothing hooked up..
    its just internal parts connecting to itself since theres nothing loading it or connecting to ground on the EIO side...
    nothing to worry about...but it is a good indicator that something is not connected

if you use a wideband you need to be in Open Loop
    closed loop will still use the stock o2's and you will be getting fuel trims...

Speed density has nothing to do with open or closed loop...
    it works both ways
    you can tune VE with fuel trims(closed loop) or with the wideband(open loop and fuel trims reset)
    -Scott -