Thread: Hptuner config files

Hptuner config files

Sometimes I will download config files from the forum but most
    times I can't get them to work because their table entries or
    custom pids are arranged different from mine. Is there any way
    to get around this ? I believe the problem lies with the main
    config files that are located in the VCM Suite 2 directory.

Thanks >>> INTHERED
    Last edited by INTHERED; 05-14-2007 at 02:03 PM.
    LINGENFELTER MAGNACHARGED 2000 A4 Torch Red Z51 Vert, Smoothline HT, LPE IC Magnacharger, Z06 cam, LPE CNC heads, CC RPM kit, LPE hood, Yank 2800, Rossler trans, Z06 rear w/300Ms, Chrome C6 Z06 rims w/PS2s, Z06 calipers w/PF carbon metallics , Eradispeeds, WCC screens, BBK 80mm TB, TB bypass, 160 TS, GM Z06 MAF, Blackwing, Corsa Pace, AR headers X-pipe & Hiflow Cats, GM HP wires, NGK TR6s, Hptuned by INTHERED with a best 1/4 mile of 10.87 @ 128.90 mph on BFG DRs

The problem is most likely that the custom/user defined PIDs are not contained in the config file. So the config file contains all the info on what PIDs to monitor and how the histograms, dashboard and charts should be layed out but if any of them reference a user defined PID you aint got it. Unfortunately there is no export/import for user defined PIDs so you have to recreate them by hand. If you use the exact paramaters they did then things will work.

Where the user defined PIDs are kept I don't know. It would be really nice to have them stored in the config so they are more portable.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

I believe the custom PIDs are contained in the Scanner.cfg file located under the VCM Suite 2 directory. When I make changes to custom PIDs at home and then bring the config files to work I always copy the Scanner, Suite & Editor config files to the VCM Suite 2 directors and everything works fine.

I opened the Scanner.cnf with Notepad and yes all the PIDs are there.
    Last edited by INTHERED; 05-15-2007 at 08:51 AM.
    LINGENFELTER MAGNACHARGED 2000 A4 Torch Red Z51 Vert, Smoothline HT, LPE IC Magnacharger, Z06 cam, LPE CNC heads, CC RPM kit, LPE hood, Yank 2800, Rossler trans, Z06 rear w/300Ms, Chrome C6 Z06 rims w/PS2s, Z06 calipers w/PF carbon metallics , Eradispeeds, WCC screens, BBK 80mm TB, TB bypass, 160 TS, GM Z06 MAF, Blackwing, Corsa Pace, AR headers X-pipe & Hiflow Cats, GM HP wires, NGK TR6s, Hptuned by INTHERED with a best 1/4 mile of 10.87 @ 128.90 mph on BFG DRs