Thread: Backfires between shifts?

Backfires between shifts?

2 different cars, same mods (just bolt ons and headers/ exhaust) I tuned both of them from VE to MAF, PE and then timing. I kicked them to OLSD, tuned the VE via wideband, enabled the MAF and tuned it via wideband, put all back to CL. All was fine during tuning and was great after I drove them, but now they tell me that between shifts the car will backfire. Why, I have no idea? The only thing I can think of is in some of the VE cells (4800+ at 15-20 kps), the VE changed up to 20%, but that shouldnt matter since the PCM is 100% MAF after 4k, or does that change when the TPS goes to 0% between shifts? Im not new to VE tuning as I tuned my 2 bar CLSD turbo car from scratch.

I would post the HPT file, but my laptop is in the middle of HD failure Any ideas to check?

DFCO or Clutch Fuel Cutoff. CFCO is enabled on Fbodies and Gen IV's but not on C5's. If the cars are Fbodies, I would disable CFCO. Just use a C5 Vette tune as a go-by.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Yes, they are both F bodies.

Thanks EC.

It doesnt seem like it is enabled on the F bodies either. The Temp parameter says that the temp must be above XXX to enable the clutch transition mode and its set to 284. The "DFCO Enable Clutch Transition" is the only thing I can find close to CFCO.

Maybe put the VE table back to stock after 4400 RPMS and 15-20kpa?