Thread: PCM swap

PCM swap

I am looking at ordering a custom tune for my 2004 Trailblazer. The company offers an exchange program where I'd send in my PCM and they'd send me a new pretuned one.

I would probably try to tune mine in myself, but there is a new GM base program that fixes some issues with idle stumbling from the version I currently have. The fix requires a complete PCM reflash. GM will not perform the update even though I'm under warranty without charging me $100, and since I can have my PCM custom tuned with the new GM base program for about the same cost and fix the idle stumbling, I figured it would be a better deal.

My question is this. If I change my PCM out, would HPTuners make me use 2 more credits for the new PCM? They are supposed to change the VIN number to match mine when they send it out, but I don't know if they can reset the serial number. My understanding is that HPTuners uses both?
    2002 WS6 Trans Am, A4, SLP lid, P&P TB, 3500 stall, 24K GVW tranny cooler, HPTuners, Pacesetter LTs, Bassani dual exhaust with 'x' crossover, coolant bypass, sealed airbox to hood.

2004 Trailblazer EXT 4x4

http://www.cardomain.com/id/jag42420

That's BS charging for a warranty issue. Find a different dealership. Just go in complaining about the issues that the re-flash fixes.

If you read & write your *current PCM*, you will use 2 credits. If you do a PCM swap, it will require 2 more credits.

If however, they just reprogram your *current PCM* and return that exact one to you, it will only cost you the original 2 credits to tune your PCM.
    Always Support Our Troops!