Thread: Weird AC issues

Advanced Tuner

Weird AC issues

OK guys. We have a 01 Z06 and after heads,cam, FAST90/90 and supporting mods we have an AC system that will blow cold but will not stay engaged. It will cycle on and off intermittently. Freon level is full. I use HP Tuners and when monitoring status bits in the scanner we see that the VCM is constantly requesting AC and the disable pressure is steady state and never reached. Although we have all these truths you can watch the AC Status and AC Clutch Status goes on and off although the request stays on. We have many codes that i usually see with these things but one code in particular shows more often than to many different modules. Code U1064 shows up as an error to the HVAC,Convenience,Entertainment and HUD Module. The code reads as such.....Loss od Communications with DIM. A second code that shows up in a few is U1016 and it reads as a Loss of Class 2 Communication with VCM. Any ideas guys? I have not encountered this before.

Tuner in Training
    are the fans on? and how did you check the freon level?
    99 trans am
    p1sc procharger, fmic, alkycontrol, ecs fuel system.
    6.0 heads, ls6 cam, ls6 intake, accufab t.b,slp headers,y-@ cats,borla,

2000 benz S500

Advanced Tuner
    We checked the freon level with gages and actually tried to get it to take some but to no avail. The fans were on but the funny thing is that this happens only at idle. You can drive it around and the AC stays engaged and will freeze you out of the car. Get back to idle and about 15-20 seconds later she starts kickin in and out again.

Senior Tuner
    Mine has been doing this for a long time (constant fast
    cycling at idle) and it's annoying if you have a surgey
    idle situation to begin with, kicks it around nonstop. I
    don't know why it cycles.

Advanced Tuner
    I have checked everything and this includes the ground circuits and connections. It seems to be that the only connection i see is the Throttle percentage. When this thing hits 11 or 12 percent it will kick out and idle up and then quickly kick back on. Does Keith , Chris or any of you other guys have an idea?

If your idle speed is varying too much it will kick the AC off.
    Always Support Our Troops!