Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problems reading 2 bar map in scanner

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by edgZ06
    I'm having a similiar problem, when I try to insert the 2-bar map, the Airflow section doesn't show either the "Manifold Air Pressure - 2 bar" or "Manifold Air Pressure - 3 bar" PID.
    Make sure you've thouroughly gone over the steps here http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_edi...ters_gm_os.htm in your case its probably either 1 of 2 things
    a. you didn't write a 2 or 3 bar custom operating system to the pcm
    b. if you DID write a 2 or 3 bar custom operating system to the pcm you probably didn't click the connect button in the scanner which will poll the pcm for all available PID's.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    Make sure you've thouroughly gone over the steps here http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_edi...ters_gm_os.htm in your case its probably either 1 of 2 things
    a. you didn't write a 2 or 3 bar custom operating system to the pcm
    b. if you DID write a 2 or 3 bar custom operating system to the pcm you probably didn't click the connect button in the scanner which will poll the pcm for all available PID's.
    Did both. Attached is the tune. I retried the scanner several times to no avail.

Tuning on the dyno now and it's making it tough to make the correct adujustments.

Do I adjust the VE at 80 kpa or 160 kpa

2004 GTO A4
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION....
    Previous E.T. 10.66 @ 130 mph
    http://www.mongillomotors.com/1066vid.html
    2008 G8
    LS3 76mm Turbo. 582rwhp
    2003 S600 Mercedes
    V12 Twin Turbo 21psi 600 rwhp
    2007 Factor Five GTM
    Twin Turbo forged LS6 600rwhp
    2015 Polaris Slingshot
    Tune & DR

www.ProEdgeTuning.com

Tuning with HPTuners & Mustang MD-1100 Chassis Dyno
    Wallingford, CT.

[email protected]

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    There is no 2 or 3 bar PID for LS2's. If you look at your log the MAP SAE PID already logs boost

Its all there in the help file what you need to do
    1. Open VCM Scanner and connect to the vehicle. Open the Histogram display (Scan -> Histogram Display).
    2. Select an unused histogram configuration and choose "Import Histogram" (the folder icon), load one of the following files: "VE Boost - AFR Error (LS2 2bar).hst", "VE Boost - Narrowband O2's (LS2 2bar).hst" or "VE Boost - Wideband (LS2 2bar) O2.hst" (there are three pre-configured histograms depending on your tuning method). This allows you to log AFR related values used to tune the Boost VE table.
    3. Save the new scanner configuration using File -> Save Config.
    4. You are now ready to tune using your new enhanced PCM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    There is no 2 or 3 bar PID for LS2's. If you look at your log the MAP SAE PID already logs boost

Its all there in the help file what you need to do
    1. Open VCM Scanner and connect to the vehicle. Open the Histogram display (Scan -> Histogram Display).
    2. Select an unused histogram configuration and choose "Import Histogram" (the folder icon), load one of the following files: "VE Boost - AFR Error (LS2 2bar).hst", "VE Boost - Narrowband O2's (LS2 2bar).hst" or "VE Boost - Wideband (LS2 2bar) O2.hst" (there are three pre-configured histograms depending on your tuning method). This allows you to log AFR related values used to tune the Boost VE table.
    3. Save the new scanner configuration using File -> Save Config.
    4. You are now ready to tune using your new enhanced PCM.

I loaded those histograms and they come up as "unsupported"

Look at this snapshot of the STFT Histogram display and notice that it is shoiwing a max of 80 kpa and I'm at 7 psi of boost.

2004 GTO A4
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION....
    Previous E.T. 10.66 @ 130 mph
    http://www.mongillomotors.com/1066vid.html
    2008 G8
    LS3 76mm Turbo. 582rwhp
    2003 S600 Mercedes
    V12 Twin Turbo 21psi 600 rwhp
    2007 Factor Five GTM
    Twin Turbo forged LS6 600rwhp
    2015 Polaris Slingshot
    Tune & DR

www.ProEdgeTuning.com

Tuning with HPTuners & Mustang MD-1100 Chassis Dyno
    Wallingford, CT.

[email protected]

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by edgZ06
    I loaded those histograms and they come up as "unsupported"

Look at this snapshot of the STFT Histogram display and notice that it is shoiwing a max of 80 kpa and I'm at 7 psi of boost.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/attach...1&d=1185913629
    It comes up unsupported because if you load an afr error histogram you need to be logging commanded afr & actual wideband afr. If either of those aren't being logged the scanner can't calculate an invalid calculation.

As for your custom VE histogram YOU MADE that you posted a screenshot of its because you have a custom PID referencing map that shouldnt be more than likely. The quick fix would be to delete your vcm scanner.cfg file.

Tuner in Training
    Great thread for us newbs!

Bill . I've been over & over this & just cant get it to work ! I have tried several times deleting the scanner config file but every time I reopen the log file it just reverts back to the same settings & only shows to 80kpa instead of 160 . Where am I going wrong ??

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by vuss383
    Bill . I've been over & over this & just cant get it to work ! I have tried several times deleting the scanner config file but every time I reopen the log file it just reverts back to the same settings & only shows to 80kpa instead of 160 . Where am I going wrong ??
    Please start your own thread with your issues, .hpl & .hpt files & the exact problem your having, screenshots are always good as well.