Thread: What Kind Of Gains On A 01 Firebird?

Tuner

What Kind Of Gains On A 01 Firebird?

My friend races 1/4 mile, his car is:
    2001 Trans Am LS1 Automatic
    -SLP Flowpac
    -Vig 3200 stall

He runs 13.2-13.4 on MT ET Street Radials. He has a Superchips programmer but he looses time in the 1/4 with the flashes off of it. He's wondering what kinda of gains he might see if we tune it. I logged a run and he had 4 degrees of knock retard on the run.

Any sugjections are appriciated

Check out LS1.com and LS1tech.com for plenty of people with LS1 tuning experience. Those quarters sound a bit slower than I'd expect. My 02 WS6 ran 13.3 stock, and 13.05 with a lid, ported & polished TB, and a TB coolant bypass on street tires. I just added a 3500 stall, 2.5" true duals and headers and am tuning it myself (or attempting to do so).
    2002 WS6 Trans Am, A4, SLP lid, P&P TB, 3500 stall, 24K GVW tranny cooler, HPTuners, Pacesetter LTs, Bassani dual exhaust with 'x' crossover, coolant bypass, sealed airbox to hood.

2004 Trailblazer EXT 4x4

http://www.cardomain.com/id/jag42420

There are plenty of people here with tuning experience.

You cant guess on that, it depends on the car and the current tune.

Moving this to the lounge.....
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Quote Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00
    There are plenty of people here with tuning experience.
    Maybe so, no disrespect intended , but it's been 11 days and no one has replied to this so far ... That doesn't happen on the LS1 forums, and the people there specifically deal with HPTuners on LS1 engines. They also can tell you non-HPTuners things to get your ET where it should be.
    2002 WS6 Trans Am, A4, SLP lid, P&P TB, 3500 stall, 24K GVW tranny cooler, HPTuners, Pacesetter LTs, Bassani dual exhaust with 'x' crossover, coolant bypass, sealed airbox to hood.

2004 Trailblazer EXT 4x4

http://www.cardomain.com/id/jag42420

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jag42420
    Maybe so, no disrespect intended , but it's been 11 days and no one has replied to this so far ... That doesn't happen on the LS1 forums, and the people there specifically deal with HPTuners on LS1 engines. They also can tell you non-HPTuners things to get your ET where it should be.
    Now that's just funny, no disrespect really. HPTuners was started by three guys wanting to modify the LS1 ECM ... hell Keith had the world fastest bolt-on LS1 for a couple years. Most of the experts here also frequent LS1Tech's Tuning section.

Possibly why the thread got no responses is because we are here to help with tuning issues, not predict ETs. That is what LS1Tech and similar forums are for. Now if he posted up his tune file and asked for suggestions of where to start tuning, it would be different. Either way, if you search this forum, you will find plenty of info on how to extract around 20rwhp out of that Firebird. Those are typical gain I get on stock to bolt-on F-Bodies.