Thread: SD Tuning - Credit Question

SD Tuning - Credit Question

I am looking at moving a 1998 Camaro car from MAF to SD.

Right now the car is tuned via LS1 Edit and s till equipped with the MAF. I am wanting to convert to a SD tune. The car is running around 14 lbs. of boost, but would like some room for improvement.

I know it is 2 credits to unlock the car, and then is it 1 more credit for the SD tune? Or is it 1 more credit for each BAR that I need, meaning if I went to 2 bar, I would need 2 more credits on top of the 2 I already spent?

And would I need to ditch the MAP sensor in favor of a nice 2 or 3 BAR Map sensor?

Would I need just a 2 BAR tune, or would I need the 3 BAR. How much boost will a 2 BAR hold, is this 98 limited to a 2 BAR? Any links would be appreciated.

Explain how I can go about this please.

Car specs:
    Custom made 6.0 manifold single turbo kit.
    GT42 76mm T6 Thumper Flange.OBX FMIC.Methanol.
    TH400 with TransBrake.ProEdge converter
    Moser 9,Full BMR suspension
    Forged 8.7 346,NOS wet kit
    Last edited by Kryckter; 05-24-2007 at 03:58 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    the credits needed for our VCM enhancements are listed here http://www.hptuners.com/products/vcmsuite_enhance.php

2 bar is 2 credits and yes you would need a 2 bar map sensor. 3 bar is not available on 98's.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    the credits needed for our VCM enhancements are listed here http://www.hptuners.com/products/vcmsuite_enhance.php

2 bar is 2 credits and yes you would need a 2 bar map sensor. 3 bar is not available on 98's.
    Thanks Bill