Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Disabling VATS on non-Alloytec V6 car PCMs

Potential Tuner
    I have emailed support the file, info log and debug files - multiple times and rescanned and saved etc several times also and they see nothing

Advanced Tuner
    For those of you reading this that cannot get your VATS to delete, I know why. You can send me the PCM and I can delete it for you if you want. PM me. So far, it cannot be done with HPT on some of these GM V6 cars.

Potential Tuner
    Can I delete VATS on a 2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L ?
    This is engine and trans were swap to a proyect, the setup is ready but the engine does not start due to Vats issues.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DocZ28 View Post
    Can I delete VATS on a 2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L ?
    This is engine and trans were swap to a proyect, the setup is ready but the engine does not start due to Vats issues.
    If you own HP Tuners and some credits, yes this vehicle can be VATS deleted. If you just want to delete this one car and not buy the handheld, it would be cheaper to send it to me and have me delete it for you.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by pontisteve View Post
    If you own HP Tuners and some credits, yes this vehicle can be VATS deleted. If you just want to delete this one car and not buy the handheld, it would be cheaper to send it to me and have me delete it for you.
    Thanks for your replay, I do have HPT device, I done this before on LSx PCM,
    But this is my first time on this ECM and I can no find where this option is on the file, I look over system and OS options, but I did no find where to turn vats off.

BTW I was wrong with the year, this is 2004 CTS v6 3.6l ECM
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Hi. Can you disable VATS on 2019 Camaro 3.6 LGX E82 ECM and run it standalone?
    Thanks

Grand Am VATS solution

Hi I have a 2005 Grand Am and was having trouble turning off the VATS security, Like many others on this thread and in other posts on this forum I thought I had completed the steps laid out at the beginning of this thread but when I started the car it would start and run for 3 seconds and then immediately shut down. After messaging support and sending my tune and log they pointed out that "no error reported" was only set on one parameter (p1629) Now I knew I had clicked all 4 boxes before i flashed the tune (p1626, p1629 p1630, and p1631) so i went and looked again and what i realized was that although p1629 said no error reported beside it the other 3 said "No MIL light". The HP tuners software is not particularly intuitive and so it never occurred to me that if you click on the area under the no error mode column, a drop down menu will appear where you can change the mode hptuners.PNG once I set those 4 pids to "No Error reported" and changed VATS control to PWM the car started right up with no security light and stayed running. I am leaving this here for the 3 or 4 people who may come here looking for a solution at some time in the future and would otherwise get stumped like I did.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post
    1997 V6 Grand Am, changed vats to PWM and the car would barely run as if was really laboring. Changed back to stock (serial) and car runs fine. All the vats dtc's are set to no error reported.

2000 GTP, a start & stall with vats codes then setting the vats to serial & disabling the vats dtc's, the car would still start & stall in 2 sec. Also the security light was on so the car is in anti-theft mode currently.

Returned the vats back to PWM (stock) the car would run fine with the anti-theft light flashing for 10 min, then go out til the next key cycle. So the customer got us to replace his ignition lock cylinder so he didn't have to look at the flashing anti-theft light.

Russ Kemp
    Did you find your solution for the grand am?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigjohnfarmer View Post
    Did you find your solution for the grand am?
    I don't mean to answer for Russ K. Hopefully he chimes in. But I can tell you the problem is in HP tuner's software. I use different software, and can delete VATS just fine on those same cars.

Advanced Tuner
    I believe the key here was to keep "SES Enable" checked on the 4 anti-theft codes, I'll confirm in a few days after trying this out.

Advanced Tuner
    It worked! The recipe is:

No error reported but keep ses enable checked for p1626 1629 1630 1631