Thread: different "year" PCM

different "year" PCM

Two questions...

1. I have been looking at part numbers for LS1 PCMs. Let's discuss Camaro's for example. The 1998 is its own breed, the 1999-2000 are the same AC Delco PN, and the 2001-2002 are another PN. If I had a 2002 engine and harness with the red and blue plugs, but for some reason, did not have the PCM that came with it, and I found a 2001 PCM for an LS1 Camaro with the same rear axle and transmission, would they work together without programming being required? How about if the new PCM was for a similar 2000 LS1 Camaro (different PCM PN)? I have looked at the Pins for the PCMs, and they look to be going to the same things. I know a 1998 would not work.

2. If I ordered a new PCM from GM (assume a GM crate LS1 engine is used) and had them program it with the right year, tranmission, axle, etc. program, I know that would obviously work. What VIN would be registered on the PCM? Doesn't HPTuners need a VIN for credits and such and to know what options are available for your PCM? If so, what happens and how does this all work?

Thanks.

AFAIK you can put an 01-02 O/S in a 99-00 PCM. So you should be able to swap PCM's as well. I'm not 100% sure as I don't have the pinouts handy for the 99-00 or 01-02.
    Always Support Our Troops!

hi, as much i know credits goes with vin and operating system,you should know which year harness you are using specially when you have auto trans and traction system, if you need help regarding pcm connector pins i can help you.