Thread: 98 Bonneville SSEi need more boost

98 Bonneville SSEi need more boost

How do you control the wategate via the computer? It has a smaller pulley and higher flow SC but I don't know how to get more than 10psi out of it. I would assume it is the timer settings but I don't want to go into it blindly. Any suggestions?

Tuner
    The smaller the pulley the more boost. There are alot of variables as well, if the car has a bigger cam then boost wont be as high. What other mods do you have? The better it breaths the less boost you have.
    2006 Ford F250 CCSB 6.0 Powerstroke
    SCT Tuned by Vivian @ QuickTricksAutomotive

Isn't there an electronic controlled wastegate? What are the timing settings for? The car has a bigger cam, ported heads, headers and exhaust mods, meth injection, and some kind of upgraded supercharger. I know that the pulley is the smallest that the guy could buy. Maybe around 3". I am only getting a bit over 10psi on the scanner.
    Last edited by valsperformance; 06-01-2007 at 08:14 AM.

Tuner
    I have tuned a few GTP's and the ones with cams and 3" pulleys are right around that amount of boost. I have a friend now with one with a 2.8" pulley and he is only saying 10.5 to 11 and thats if its cold outside. I think your right where you want to be. More boost is fun but not always the answer. You have to worry about KR.
    2006 Ford F250 CCSB 6.0 Powerstroke
    SCT Tuned by Vivian @ QuickTricksAutomotive

What kind of timing did you run on the GTP at WOT? With or without meth? Also, what A/F?

To disable the SC Boost Control, go to the Timer Adder > TCS Off and zero any values that are not negative. This will prevent the Boost Timer from counting down which will then open the boost valve. Leave the TCS On table stock.

Not sure of the units in the Timer Base, as it can't be in seconds.

Russ Kemp

I'll try that.

Thanks..